No announcement yet.

Nuclear Fusion Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBC reported that Russia, China and Canada also wanted the site in Japan. Russia and China must have been enticed to switch.

Personally, I think this is just a lot of science pork.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      The BBC reported that Russia, China and Canada also wanted the site in Japan. Russia and China must have been enticed to switch.
      I was surprised to read that on the BBC (without explanations) whereas the French press mentionned the actual results of the vote several days earlier.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

What did that vote say? The same as in the story above?
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Why don't they put it in Norway and make it a cold fusion site?

Or, why not Baghdad?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            What did that vote say? The same as in the story above?
            Yes, the same.

I am intrigued by the presence of South Korea. I was not aware that it was engaged in that sort of fundamental very long term research.
            Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Why do I have a feeling that some super fusion reactor will blow up and kill us all?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

'Cause you are irrational.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Fusion reactors are safe since they don't blow up, melt down, or produce radioactive wastes.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      Fusion reactors are safe since they don't blow up, melt down, or produce radioactive wastes.
                      Actually I think the component parts of the reactor do retain some radioactivity, but that's only because they are being bombarded with high energy. Overall the reactor would, in theory, be safe.

Except of course you are Keanu Reeves and have a small research facility in an abandoned steel plant on the outskirts of Chicago....

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        Why do I have a feeling that some super fusion reactor will blow up and kill us all?
                        You're confusing fusion reactors with point singularity plants and "blow up" with "suck us in."
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I am intrigued by the presence of South Korea. I was not aware that it was engaged in that sort of fundamental very long term research.

they are.

Except of course you are Keanu Reeves and have a small research facility in an abandoned steel plant on the outskirts of Chicago....

supposedly based on my campus. filmed there too. then the idiots blew it up.
                          B♭3

Comment

Working...
                          X