No announcement yet.

Battle Of The Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100,000! we never have crowds like that in the U.S.

bottles? Haven't you silly Brits figured out not to give bottles to drunks going to heavy metal concerts?

Comment

Diss: It was Reading Festival. 3 days, and the largest crowds get over 100,000. SOAD were on last but one on the last day, so got huge crowd.

And the bottles were plastic, but yeh, there are many plastic bottles around there, cause people want drinks (it was 37C). Water at £2 a pop though
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Better than Woodstock at least. Water was like $4 a bottle.

Who all played at Reading festival?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Saying that, I do like Stairway to Heaven and Whole Lotta Love
          Oh how the wheels turn Drogue!

Remember your responses on my similar thread back in march?
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Led Zeppelin are simply better than the others when it comes to musicianship and range.

I happen to be a person who likes the "weird" Zep stuff like "Gallows Pole" and "Boogie with Stu".

No member of Zep is the finest musician ever to play his particular instrument but I can't think of another group that has all its members playing at that high a level.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

yep, I love Zeps lesser known stuff. I love their box set. There is some really some interesting stuff withing. Like white summer/black mountain side. Bon-Yaur stomp, Achilles last stand is a great song, I aslo like In My time of Dying, Moby **** is classic, Wearing and Tearing, Poor Tom, and I'm gonna crawl.

Comment

I know this is lame, but

Moby ****

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                  Who all played at Reading festival?
                  Headliners were Blur, Linkin Park and Metallica. Other acts included Placebo, The Darkness, System of a Down, Blink 182, British Rebel Motorcycle Club (White Stripes pulled out with Jack White's broken thumb), Staind, Good Charlotte, The Polyphonic Spree, AFI, The Mars Volta, British Sea Power, The Thrills, Jet, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Rapture, The Ravonettes, etc.
                  Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                    Oh how the wheels turn Drogue!
                    I always said I quite liked those pieces, which is why I got them off you However that doesn't stop my personal opinion that I don't like Led Zep.

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                    Remember your responses on my similar thread back in march?
                    About the same, IIRC. Personally I don't like them, and don't listen to them (with the exception of the above two songs). However I can see technical merit in it.
                    Smile

Comment

I happen to be a person who likes the "weird" Zep stuff like "Gallows Pole" and "Boogie with Stu".

What's weird about "Gallows Pole"? I love that song...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X