Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is It with the Chinese and Mayonnaise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's something the french like to do, put fries in bread...

Bah... that's something everyone can do... I've seen it often in the US... and boy was it tasty (Fat Cat - 2 cheeseburgers and fries in a sub roll ).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by alva
      We too have something similar yet less revolting ( sateh..:yuk: )
      Sateh is probably the best sauce to put on anything (well, almost anything) But that's probably a Dutch thing, imported from Indonesia...

mayonnaise with (either tomato or curry) ketchup and finely diced onions. We just called it a 'special'.
      We have that too. Probably the second most common variety of fries around here. Either that, or just fries with mayonnaise

Fries on bread
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Served at Pirate games:

Primanti Brothers Sandwich

2 slices of Italian bread
        5-6 slices Ham ( thin )
        2 slices Provolone cheese
        ¼ cup Coleslaw
        2 slices tomato
        1 cup French Fries ( still warm )
        Mayonnaise

1. Spread mayonnaise on bread.
        2. Layer your choice of the above ingredients.
        3. Serve on wax paper for authenticity. ;-)

I am craving fried shrimp and onions with mayo, every chinese place has it.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Yum!!

Monkey!!!

Comment

I'd try it .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm thinking I might just make one of my own.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

From some site:

... The health and fitness Web site eDiets.com tackled Primanti Brothers -- or rather what the beloved restaurants stack between two hefty slices of bread -- in its March 24th Mr. Bad Food column titled "The Sandwich That Ate Pittsburgh."

No sheit!!!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Sateh is probably the best sauce to put on anything (well, almost anything)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think using sateh in Belgium still carries the death penalty.
                  -
                  Yum!!

Japher; that's revolting.....
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I wonder if that is one of Jared's (from Subway) sandwiches...
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Mindseye's story about inedible Chinese salads reminded me of my friend in Hong Kong- he knew he was odd at an early age because he liked cheese (proper smelly blue vein stuff, not plastic Kraft slices), loved salad (his mother apparently went:

'Ai yah! Is not cooked! You might get poison!) and sushi.

I think if you want a decent salad visit Japan or Korea, otherwise steer clear of kiwi fruit and tomato and mayo surprise (bleeucchhh- sounds like nouvelle cuisine madness).

It's a definite truism that if you go anywhere like Africa or Asia and the hotel or guesthouse or safari park is cooking you what they think you might want, you'll end up with partly cooked spaghetti (happened to friends on safari in Kenya- to call it al dente would only be appropriate if your teeth were made of stainless steel) and chips and beef, or a plate of paella, spaghetti and chips (sister-in-law's parents' experience in Tunisia- they thought so much carb. on one plate might be a test).

One of the pleasures for me of going anywhere is trying what the locals eat, although that container of cicadas near Chiangmai probably wouldn't have been polished off by me. But I can definitely recommend widjuti grubs- enough fat to please even Imran....
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                        Sateh is probably the best sauce to put on anything (well, almost anything)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think using sateh in Belgium still carries the death penalty.

We should invade Belgium and put you under Dutch rule again
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Hey, you would still be serving fries with mayo if it weren't for us.
                          We thought you there are hundreds of different things to put on them.

Crap thing is now all chip shops are using that @@##@é from Mora
                          Maybe weird but I don't want all these kroket/egg-rolls/etc to taste the same as I do them at home.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

the mayonaise I put on my sandwhiches is lite brand. It has no cholesterol. I'm trying to keep my cholesterol low.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                              Big deal!

The canadians eat their salted french fries with vinegar

Now that is just silly...
                              And what, may I ask, is wrong with that, mother****er?

Is there not a variety of chips called "salt and vinegar"?
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X