Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, how crazy the world is.

malaysians taking a cue from rev. moon
    Malaysia is to consider using mass circumcision ceremonies to promote racial harmony.

Circumcision is a rite of passage for young Muslim boys, and in Malaysia it is common for the ceremony to become an event with dozens, or even hundreds of boys being circumcised together.

Now the prime minister's religious affairs adviser has suggested that circumcision can bring Malaysians of all races and religions together.

Dr Abdul Hamid Othman said that with the growing popularity of circumcision among the country's non-Muslim minorities - who see it as good hygienic practice - they too could be invited to join in the celebrations with their Muslim friends.

He believes the idea could promote better race relations and he wants to see a nationwide circumcision ceremony organised.

Just over half of Malaysia's population is Muslim, mainly members of the ethnic Malay community, while the country's Chinese, Tamil and tribal peoples follow a variety of other faiths.

The government has been exploring ways of stopping the different groups from drifting apart, including the introduction of a national service scheme which begins in February.

do you know how many animals i had to sleep with to get this fur coat?

Animal rights advocates will single out small children at performances of ``The Nutcracker'' in the next few weeks by handing out fliers saying ``Your Mommy Kills Animals'' to youngsters whose mothers are wearing fur.

``Children can't look up to a mom in a battered-raccoon hat or a crushed coyote collar,'' said Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. ``Maybe when they're confronted by their own children's hurt looks, fur-wearers' cold hearts will melt.''

The fliers include a color drawing of a woman plunging a large bloody knife into the belly of a terrified rabbit. The fliers urge kids to ``ask your mommy how many dead animals she killed to make her fur clothes.

``And the sooner she stops wearing fur, the sooner the animals will be safe. Until then, keep your doggie or kitty friends away from mommy - she's an animal killer.''

Brookline child psychologist Dr. Carolyn Newberger called the tactics ``terribly dangerous to children.''

``It's using children in the worst possible way,'' she said. ``If (the activists) want to legitimately work to protect animals from destruction for fashion, they have every right to. But to do so by targeting children and making them feel their mothers are murderers is absolutely unconscionable.''

Lisa Franzetta, a national coordinator for PETA, said the group will launch its ``fur-ocious'' protest at `Nutcracker' performances in as many as 20 cities across the United States.

Franzetta, who is based in California, said yesterday she did not yet know when the protests will begin in Boston, where ``The Nutcracker'' is playing at the Wang Center for the Performing Arts in the Theater District.

Franzetta acknowledged the anti-fur campaign might spark a backlash. ``It's definitely provocative, I will give you that,'' she said.

Wang Center officials could not be reached for comment about the planned protests.
    B♭3

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: oh, how crazy the world is.

Originally posted by Q Cubed

malaysians taking a cue from rev. moon
      Malaysia is to consider using mass circumcision ceremonies to promote racial harmony.
      How is this any different from the unofficial policy in the US to circumcise newborns?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

because they're doing it mass ceremonies. like reverend moon and his weddings.
        B♭3

Comment

I hate Rev. Moon.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

1. I wanna make fur coat out of PETA. Ive enough dumb storeis about them.

2. Nothing better than snipping off penis to maintain harmony.... I love it. No more "my c0ck is bigger than yours" wars!
            :-p

Comment

Damn Koreans, always trying to make us eat Kim Chee, even if it is tastey.

Comment

I want to make a fur coat out of reverend Moon.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

There is no official promotion of circumcision in the USA. In fact, most medical societies discourage the practice. Medical opinion may change however if circumcision is found to be an effective means to reduce the transmision of HIV.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I read an article yesterday saying that according to a Harvard biologist, creatures having sex would prevent parasites!! Funny theory, but it's actually remarkable that most species on earth have sexual reproduction rather than asexual..

not that it has anything to do with the topic but hey...
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                      I read an article yesterday saying that according to a Harvard biologist, creatures having sex would prevent parasites!! Funny theory, but it's actually remarkable that most species on earth have sexual reproduction rather than asexual..
                      Not that funny a theory. It's the establishment theory as to why sexual repoduction is superior to asexual. Asexual reproduction produces, basically, clones. They're genetically identical unless something goes wrong, which means that they are much more vulnerable to infection. Sexual creatures, however, slightly randomize their genes, which means that it's unlikely that any one disease or parasite can get a species number and wipe it out.

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I see nothing wrong (strange, yes, but not wrong) with mass circumcisions if the non-Muslims want to do it. Anything that can bring a feeling of togetherness in a divided society is fine in my book, if it's not forced upon people.

I see something terribly wrong with the *******s who want kids to hate their mothers and to be afraid from them . I'd like to see what these *******s would think if their kids called them "murderers" all day long
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

In other news today, some of the organizers of a recently held massive sex orgy in China have been sentenced to life in prison.

And John Cleese is apparently considering running for Mayor in Santa Barbara, California.

You may weep or giggle as you see fit.

Comment

I prefer Cleese over Ahnuld though
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                              X