Spywares!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spywares!!!!!!!

Ok. What are the best spyware blasting programs out there? My school has a spyware/adware/malware plague going on. I cant use a single computer on this hall without getting a pop up or a crash.
    :-p

Spybot Search & Destroy
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

http://security.kolla.de : spybot search & destroy
      http://www.lavasoft.com : adaware.
      B♭3

Comment

or you can ask microsoft. they have a program for taking care of spyware now.
        B♭3

Comment

Will spybot S&D remove even spywares installed thru agreement (ie spywares installed thru programs like kazaa under agreement etc)

Comment

just because you agree to it doesn't mean that it flips some switch that makes it impossible to remove.

however, if you do remove it, odds are the programs might not work.

go look for kazaalite.
            B♭3

Comment

I agree with Qubed.
              Tag-team spyware. Dropkick their ass. Headlock them.
              The Iron Claw!
              Last edited by SlowwHand; December 17, 2003, 18:33.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Spybot rulez!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                  just because you agree to it doesn't mean that it flips some switch that makes it impossible to remove.

however, if you do remove it, odds are the programs might not work.

go look for kazaalite.
                  i used kazaa as an ex.

Kazaalite is dead

And the query was actually for blubster. doesnt that prog come with bus load of spyware?

Comment

Kazaa-Lite wasn't dead when I used it 5 minutes ago.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

i heard (actually it wa right here in off topic poly i believe) that sharman networks did something (very technical I cant bother remembering...) and killed kazaalite. Apparently the network will die out slowly or something like that. Ask the techies in poly.

Comment

the move to bittorrent or soulseek. there are filesharing programs out there that don't **** up your system with spyware.
                        B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                          i heard (actually it wa right here in off topic poly i believe) that sharman networks did something (very technical I cant bother remembering...) and killed kazaalite. Apparently the network will die out slowly or something like that. Ask the techies in poly.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What they did means that future updates to keep kazaalite compatible with the Fastrack network will proably have a different name, not the name 'kazaalite'.

however, not for a while and i'm sure there will always be a way found to leech that network, see www.zeropaid.com
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

ad-aware

"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Working...
                              X