X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
    Homework for you:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hlight=Wrights
    Oh man.... .... I too have never heard of this vast conspiracy to denigrate the Wright brothers.

What's there to hate? I mean, they ran a bicycle shop and tinkered with contraptions on weekends. People like that are fit to be mocked, not hated.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

There's supposed to be a live re-enactment in front of the President this morning.
      It crashed after 1 sec... 1 Million dollars down the drain.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

This will no doubt be fuel for those DWM haters who believe the Wright Brothers are frauds!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The Wright Borthers were Black.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

you're either wright or wrong.
            you're either white or wrong.

first powered flight? not by a dead black man.
            first powered flight? not by a dead white man.

they had to be alive to steer the thing.
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

It was a gradual development by many different people who should all share in the achievement.
              True. But beside their initial flight, they were first to produce aircraft in substantial numbers for commercial sale and civilian use.

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba

True. But beside their initial flight, they were first to produce aircraft in substantial numbers for commercial sale and civilian use.
                And theirs was clearly the best aircraft at the time. For these things they are to be lauded.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

The Wright Brothers were the first to achieve steered powered flight in a heavier than air machine, and jolly well done to the two deceased caucasian testosterone stuffed Americans.

Of course to cap it all, for some unknown reason, the insignificant efforts of these hick, colonial non entities, are being commemorated around the world at aerodromes, museums of aviation, air displays and science museums.

Amazing what being two dead white males gets you these days, eh, Caligastia?
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I thought Orville made popcorn.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Brasilians!

Comment

Orville made Brasilians?
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Who Flew First?
                          Chose your answer:

A. Pilatre de Rozier and the Marquis D'Arlandes

B. No, no, no. Who's on first. I don't know who flew first. Third Base!

"I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Icarus

Har har

Comment

My father's gone over to Kitty Hawk for the ceremony. Apparently, they were going to do a re-enactment, but they got rained out. They may try again soon.
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

they did try the re-enactment. The plane never got off the ground. The muddy ground may have been the thing that prevented the plane from getting off ther ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X