Where's all the spam gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's all the spam gone?

I used to get roughly 20-30 junk e-mails per day in hotmail until last week. 3-4 offers every day of where I could download the Paris Hilton video. Then, all of a sudden it stopped.

My junk e-mail box is now getting on average one junk-email a day. That's it. I don't want to jump to any conclusions yet but I'm considering removing my spam filter for the first time in two years.

Has anyone else experienced the same massive fall-off in spam. If so, what's behind it? Not that I'm complaining.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

I still get tens a day.

Comment

Yes! I've seen exactly the same thing. This morning I left with one spam in my inbox. When I came home it was still sat there all alone. Its barely worth clicking to delete them these days
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I have been wondering the exact same thing. Over the past week or so, the amount of junk mail I receive has dwindled to almost nothing. I read they arrested a man in the US about a week ago for spamming mailboxes on a very large scale, I remember some "experts" estimating he was behind as much as 1 in 8 junk mails worldwide. I think there's a connection, they may finally have gotten to the root of the problem, at the very least the other large scale spammers are probably laying low for the time being.

Comment

Yeah, weird isn't it. Only one or so a day actually makes it to my inbox (I've got a Bayesian spam filter), but the junk folder is empty.

How bizarre...
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't get email spam anymore, just litteraly hundreds of add popups per day from programs hidden in things I download, who then hide themselves on my hard drive. That has to be illegal.

-Pat
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I've severely curtailed what I'll download.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

pat:

security.kolla.de
                Adaware is the Internet’s security and privacy leader. We offer simple, worry-free solutions that enhance your online experience, Keep connected.

download both programs (spybot s&d, adaware) to kill those off.

unless you like adware, for some reason.
                B♭3

Comment

I would like to be able to say the same, but today, I have received 62 e-mails. 43 of them were spam.

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I can give you some more spam if you want

Comment

Here's your spam:

urgh.NSFW

Comment

i know... my spam was the only thing that didn't make me feel like aloser.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Azazel, that's what I was gonna put.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Sensei, while your ki is still strong, your reflexes are far from being at their peak.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yes, the only spam I'm still getting is from my family...
                              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                              X