favorite austin powers scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite austin powers scene?

I just bought the Austin Powers trilogy on DVD. I have been watching the movies again with delight.

What is your favorite Austin Powers moment?
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

i've always liked the intro to goldmember. the rest of the movie wasn't so good, but having kevin spacey as dr evil...
    B♭3

Comment

The final title sequence, absolutely adored it.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
        i've always liked the intro to goldmember. the rest of the movie wasn't so good, but having kevin spacey as dr evil...
        Don't forget Danny Devito as Mini-me.

I just love when the Tom Cruise Austin Powers ejects out of the car, flips over the hovering helicopter and destroys it with his handguns. It is such a great parody of the kind of absurd and physically impossible stunts we see James Bond do in all his movies.

I also kind like the Gozilla scene in Goldmember, where Austin gets his car stuck in a giant Godzilla float and everybody starts screaming and running. Japanese man #1 says:"Look, Godzilla. We should run!" and Japanese man #2 says:"No, because of international copyright laws it is not the real godzilla, but we should pretend as if it is, and run like mad."

'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

So between Elizabath Hurley, Heather Graham and Beyonce, who is the hottest?

Comment

Has to be the "Who does number 2 work for?" scene with Tom Arnold.

Nothing like good scatalogical humor.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Heather of course!
              -Sir T

Comment

Any scene with Wil Farell.

Liz Hurley is th ebst of the AP women.

Oh, and my favorite scene.

"What's a Ruskie doing here."

The Cold War's over, Austin."

"All right. Now we'll make the capitalist bastyards pay, ey comrade!"

"No, Austin, we won."

"Oh, yayyyyy capitalism."
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Favourite scene?

Probably the group therapy session for Scott and Dr. Evil in the first film, especially the speech on Dr. Evils life as sinister music plays on in the background...

'He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark'.
                  STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

The pissing scene. I always try to beat his time.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Probably the group therapy session for Scott and Dr. Evil in the first film.

GREAT scene . Anything with Scott and Dr. Evil was gold: ' An evil petting zoo?'

The first AP movie was the only good one. The rest sucked ass. And Liz Hurley is by far the best looking.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

bah!

The sharks with laser beams dialogue!!!

"You know...I have one simple request, and is to have sharks with FRIKEN LASER BEAMS attached to their heads. Evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that can't be done........

What do I pay you people for anyway."

GOLD!!!!
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

The end of the first one where Hurley and Austin have just woke up in the suite after defeating evil and they're naked but every movement to expose relevant body parts are covered by various items in the room. Hurley bites on something like a banana covering Austin's penis and he cringes, the grapefruits in front of Hurley's breasts, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                            Liz is the best.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Jerry Springer scene.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X