what´s your earliest memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what´s your earliest memory?

for me it was my third birthday. I sat in front of the table in our living room. there was a toy train, a teddy bear and chocolate (cat tongues) on the table. my father sat on the opposite, my mother was left to me. no idea, where my brother was. I still remember my father saying "and now you´re three".
    this is nothing really special, but I don´t have any memory before this moment. and this is what I find special about this moment.

I´m curious what moments you remember. maybe it´s your first day at school, your first steps, your first spoken words or even your birth (well, probably not)? was it a real event or was it just a dream? please share your memories with us.
    justice is might

I remember I a big ugly man in a surgical mask, shouting; 'IT'S A GIRL!... I mean a boy...'

I have never got over that moment, and now on the weekend I go by the name Mandy to help me deal with it
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

spitting out baby food.
      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Masturbating with my "teddy bear".

Older and slacker girls prefer "beer bottles". But that's becoming grievous...
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I couldn't exactly speak about my first memory, because I don't know which of my early memories came first.

One of my first memories was a 'pal' in kindergarten (actually, I hated him) that was always saying "no" to whatever we told him. Still in Kindergarten, I remember crying when forced to go take a nap, and I remember recieving a friendly slap on the butt from a janitor who was amused I dropped the pants wholly when pissing in the urinal.

But the most precise early memories I have date back from Christman, when I was 4 (I think, but maybe I was 3), as I played with Majorettes, and as I was barred from watching Star Wars because it was broadcasted too late for me.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

You know I bet that food was poisen too.
            "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Ummmmm, The farthest I can remember, I think, is when I was 2 years old. I was running up the stairs to answer the phone before my sister did. I lost the race cuz she could climb 2 stairs at a time....

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

i was 3, sister 2, i beat her over the head with a small rubber bat that squeaked.

heh.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

no idea. I think it is either

a) The cool cast iron railing at my folks house, I was 4 when we moved, I remember it because I would stand on it.

b) Falling off the jungle gym and landing on my head... I don't think that had any affect on me
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                    You know I bet that food was poisen too.
                    that would explain a lot.

Mine was when I was on a cruise to Bermuda with my parents and grandparents when I was 3...the only out of the country trip we've ever taken together. They were going to the bar (even though my parents don't drink... ) and left me in the children's room (a daycare with a nanny) and I cried my eyes out. I remember something about something along the way that looked like a miniature movie theatre on the side of the walkway, where people were sitting. I'm really not sure what it is, or what the signifigance of that memory is. I remember crying a lot and popping a balloon that the nanny gave me. I was not a happy camper.
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I don't know which of these are the earliest, or even which where not merely figments of my imagination.

1) Driving down the high-way with a load of stuff on the car roof and everything falling off and scattering across the road. I seem to remember this in third person, though, so it may of been a dream. But a real old one.

2) Nap time in daycare where we all started showing each others our selves.

3) Also in daycare someone drinking their own pee. Puting a bunch of 4 year olds together provides great learning experiences.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

My first memory was from the time I was about 1 year old. I was in the kitchen of my grandmother's house sitting in a high chair and being fed lunch. My grandmother and my mother were talking and I didn't really understand much english yet. I was bored and saw the cookie jar on top of the refrigerator and asked my mom for a cookie. She came over and told me that I hadn't touched my food, and I couldn't have a cookie until I ate something. I played around with my food and messed it up and asked again a few minutes later. I got the cookie then.

He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Re: what's your first memory?

glub glub!

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I don't remember how old I was, but It must have been before or around my 3rd birthday:
                            - I was supposed to be sleeping in my bed (which was in the living room at that time). My mom and dad were watching the original version of King Kong from the tv, and naturally this was not allowed for me to do - but still I did watch it! This was around 1975...

So, my first memory is related with the movie King Kong from 1933...
                            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Disappointment.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X