Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strom Therman has an illegitimate African American daughter in California!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patroklos
    For all of you hating Strom Thurmond, I hope you hate everyone alive from 1900 to 1950, as most of them had his opinion. You just hate him because he didn't die with the rest.

Next time you run into a WWII vet, make sure you spit in his face because he most likely supported Segregation (along with FDR).

-Pat

Most of those veterans didn;t run for president with segregation as their sole issue.

But I don't hate Thurmond as other do cause he ended his life trying to make ammends for his views.

And what is the endless thing with FDR?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

For all of you hating Strom Thurmond, I hope you hate everyone alive from 1900 to 1950, as most of them had his opinion. You just hate him because he didn't die with the rest.

Next time you run into a WWII vet, make sure you spit in his face because he most likely supported Segregation (along with FDR).

-Pat
      hey my dad was a ww2 vet and he didnt like segregation. And FDR, IIUC was fine with integration in the North. He just didnt expend the political capital to push it on the South. A far cry from calling him the equivalent of Thurmond.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        So he sh@gged a slave in 1925.
        Slavery ended 60 years before 1925.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          Shi: Funny how conservatives are always the ones to say "Who cares?" when a conservative scumbag is exposed.
          Because it really is "who Cares" since he's been exposed as a scumbag so many times it would be hard for him to get any scumier.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Slavery ended 60 years before 1925.
            Aren't we talking about the south?
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              Because it really is "who Cares" since he's been exposed as a scumbag so many times it would be hard for him to get any scumier.
              Yet again, rah cuts to the chase.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Aren't we talking about the south?

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by rah

but I love beating dead horses!

if this were a normal person, I wouldn't care, but conservative politicians live their lives trying to force their morality down everyone's throat... I take joy in seeing these bastard hypocrits exposed as the asshats they are.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

FDR made no policy statements for the end of segregation, in any way shape of form, especially as a democrat of that day. Hell, you don't get the entire Southern vote in those days for being racial sensative. He was, unless you can find some long lost record, a supporter of segregation as was the vast majority of the US in the 40's, let along the 30's, 20's and teens.

I am sure your father, like most people who lived back then, have a very selective memory concerning their political views of the time. And if he truly did not support segregatuin in WW2 (And I am not saying he was lying) he as a very small minority.

-Pat
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Remember, Strom ran for pres in the 48 election with the main platform being that states should be the ones that decide if lynching is legal. Honest.
                      "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

FDR made no policy statements for the end of segregation, in any way shape of form, especially as a democrat of that day. Hell, you don't get the entire Southern vote in those days be being racial sensative. He was, unless you can find some long lost record, a supporter of segregation as was the vast majority of the US in the 40's, let along the 30's, 20's and teens.

I am sure your father, like most people who lived back then, have a very selective memory concerning their political views of the time. And if he truly did not support segregatuin in WW2 (And I am not saying he was lying) he as a very small minority.

-Pat
                        New York integrated its schools in 1940, I believe. New england never had segregated schools. Formal Jim Crow was not found in the North, or was disappearing at the time. Why would Northerners support it? Where was the movement to establish it in the north?

There were few who made abolition of segregation in the south a priority, but to say that they "supported" segregation is a distortion.

Perhaps you are confusing informal social segregation with Jim Crow. The latter is what was meant by segregation at the time.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Proof: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/dixiecrat1.html

His results: http://xenohistorian.faithweb.com/northam/1948.html
                          "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

I said nothing about Jim Crow, but if you think de facto common place segregation did not exist up there....

And FDR was not presedent of the NE, but of the USA. You can believe that FDR did not believe in segregation (and what is worse, truly believing in something, even if it is wrong, or knowing it is wrong and doing nothing about it. Those are the only two options we can give FDR, a attribute the first) if you want, just like Goerge Washington was against slavery.

-Pat
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I am not debating that Strom had some currently unacceptable views, but what you have to remember is he was nowhere near an outcast in 1948, and I am not talking about just the South. Things were different back then, and you can't seperate common beleifs of that time for most of the important people we idealize from that time.

-Pat

Comment

Before he was POTUS he was governor of NY.

LotM,
                                We had effective Jim Crow in Illinois, and probably Indiana as well. Don't nkow about other Northern states.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X