Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Wishes To Colin Powell

Colin Powell Has Surgery for Prostate Cancer

Dec. 15 — WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State Colin Powell was undergoing surgery for prostate cancer on Monday morning, the State Department said.

"Secretary Powell is undergoing surgery this morning for prostate cancer," the State Department said in a statement, adding that the operation was being performed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Powell, 66, will be at the medical center for the next several days before he returns home and he will be on a reduced schedule while he recovers from the operation, it added.

State Department spokeswoman Brenda Greenberg said the surgery was previously scheduled and was not an emergency procedure. President Bush was informed two weeks ago and U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage was authorized to act in Powell's absence, she said.

"The secretary is fine," Greenberg said of Powell's condition. "If there are any changes in his condition we will inform you."

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Prostate cancer is nasty. I think Mitterrand died of this one.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

If you don't use it, you'll lose it.

Comment

good luck Powell

God know you are the only non-evil-piece-of-crap in the Bush admin.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
          If you don't use it, you'll lose it.

I don't even want to know what you meant by this.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Not the colon Sloww, the reproductive organ. Studies have shown that people who don't have sex often (or anyway, "discharge") have increased chances of developing prostatis cancer. If you don't use it, you'll lose it

Comment

I wondered what happened to me.

Comment

It's nature's way to say: OFF WITh THE EUNUCHS

edit: ooops crosspost

Comment

I make a product that uses leuprolide, the drug for prostate cancer... Wonder if he'll be using our product?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

I must say he looks great for 66.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                      I must say he looks great for 66.
                      is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see him?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Get well soon, Colin.

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                        X