Diagnose Me v. 34B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnose Me v. 34B

Preferably aimed at people with actual medical knowledge like Guynemer or Doc Strangelove, but the rest of you can chime in if you want.

Friday before last (i.e. a week and a half ago) I took a nice little fall and managed to land directly on my elbow on concrete. So I expected it to be a bit tender for a while. Unfortunately, there's still a stabbing pain every time I forget and lean on it, and it's starting to get aggravating.

Did I **** up my bone or something? Should I go to the doctor? If I do, can he do anything or will he just tell me to try not to lean on it?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

just me, but I'd say wait another week and see what happens. even if you do have a small fracture they'll probably just tell you not to bang it on anything for awhile so it can heal itself. Of course if it starts to swell and change colours thats a whole nother story.

Comment

My semi-educated opinion (as a molecular biologist): Minor bone damages take a few weeks to heal. I wouldn't worry yet. If it was any major damage, you would probably not be able to move your arm at all without pain. So: don't lean on it
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Good. This means I can continue my 4 year streak without seeing a doctor (except the one I got to sign my immunization forms for me).
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

OPERATE! OPERATE!

B♭3

Comment

Attached Files
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

possibly chipped a bone.

even though there is only pain when you lean on it, you really don't know what damage has been done. i'd get it checked out, just in case.

so you ruin a 4 year streak of not going to the doctor? why is that something to be proud about anyway? don't act like an idiot, take care of yourself, and your health.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

4 years. HA! Rookie.
                I haven't been to a doctor in 25 years, other than to put my leg back on after a motorcycle accident.

I'd say you need to go down to the sawbones with all haste.
                He needs money for an upgrade on his wife's new BMW he's giving her for Christmas.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Diagnose Me v. 34B

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  Did I **** up my bone or something? Should I go to the doctor? If I do, can he do anything or will he just tell me to try not to lean on it?
                  With my years of advanced medical knowledge and training, I can safely say, you're an idiot.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    4 years. HA! Rookie.
                    I haven't been to a doctor in 25 years, other than to put my leg back on after a motorcycle accident.

I'd say you need to go down to the sawbones with all haste.
                    He needs money for an upgrade on his wife's new BMW he's giving her for Christmas.
                    Some of us haven't been alive for 25 years.

I wouldn't have to pay any money to go to the doctor if I went to the one on campus or if I waited 4 days and went to one in the glorious empire of canadia where my medicare card is apparently still valid.

Be that as it may, I've decided not to go. Too much other **** to do.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And connor: I've broken a number of small bones in my hands and fingers, have gashed open my leg (which left a pretty little 6 inch scar for 5 years) and have hit a fever of 103 without going to the doctor.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Good to see you didn't break your humorous.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Stretch your arm out then bring your hand back and touch your shoulder with your fingertips, then stretch out again.

If that doesn't hurt you should be OK with a few weeks of rest (don't lean on it and don't lift anything heavy).

If it does hurt then rest it anyway but if it doesn't clear in a couple of weeks you should see a doctor.

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified doctor, I just have several years experience of sorting out my own martial arts related injuries. If your arm turns black, starts to smell bad and drops off it's not my responsibility.
                          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Okay. I'm good to go. No pain in motion, only contact.

I had figured that I chipped it or something. Normally the pain seems to go away faster though. Maybe I'm just getting old.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Gravity is a beyotch. Sometimes it brings you down, but never it lifts you back up again.
                              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X