Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockstar's Manhunt BANNED In New Zealand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockstar's Manhunt BANNED In New Zealand!

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find it.This is an absolute first for NZ - no computer game has EVER been banned or edited here, to the best of my knowledge. Movies and TV shows that are banned elsewhere are largely approved for showing here.

Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald

After believing the censors were actually on our side, this happens....

Of course this ruins my Xmas present idea for at least one person. Now, the only thing left to do is to find out where best to get this from.

Manhunt is available with an MA15 rating in Oz, where they normally ban games at the drop of a hat (BMX XXX for example, and the GTA's were edited before release). Can anyone tell me for sure whether there have been edits made to the game there, or is it complete should I order it from Oz?

Do US and Europe PS2 releases need a US/Europe PS2 to work? And if they DO, does legal multi-region DVD software that works on PS2s work for games as well?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

OH NO MY SUPER EXPLOSION GAMES I SHOULD HAVE GROWN OUT OF IN GRADE 10 BOO HOO THE MAN FREEDOM OF PSYCHOTIC, MINDLESS GUN FIGHT SIUMLATIONS

Comment

We do ban things at the drop of a hat. Or edit them to a mindless dribbling shell of their original otherwise. I would do a serious check to see if the Aussie version is altered before comitting to a purchase.

An MA15 rating compared to a ban... something is amiss.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Those bastards. I was also going to get it for a mate for christmas, and the censors ban it.

Are they linked with the Labour Government? I'm voting for the fascist in the next elections!

Comment

Do US and Europe PS2 releases need a US/Europe PS2 to work? And if they DO, does legal multi-region DVD software that works on PS2s work for games as well?
          No. I have a UK PS2 and run NZ games fine on them. They should be perfect. Remember that PS2s run DVD Region 4 only, so multi-region should work.

Comment

Remember when they banned Ice-T's "Cop Killer" song?

There's an easy solution to this. Acquire the game by "other means", and then send a money order for the full price of the game to the publisher with a note explaining that you wished to buy the game, but couldn't, and you don't like piracy so you are paying them the full price of the game.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Double posting, who, me?

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                Remember when they banned Ice-T's "Cop Killer" song?

There's an easy solution to this. Acquire the game by "other means", and then send a money order for the full price of the game to the publisher with a note explaining that you wished to buy the game, but couldn't, and you don't like piracy so you are paying them the full price of the game.
                And risk getting reported to the police? You've got to be kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Monk

And risk getting reported to the police? You've got to be kidding
                  I know what I'm talking about. It's the New Zealand Police.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Is it not disturbing that in a free society, where the ideals of freedom of speech, expression, and affiliation are used, cherished, and proclaimed, that a governing body can get away with such filthy moves like banning a game?

(okay, that's my profound thought of the day. move along folks )
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Rockstar's Manhunt BANNED In New Zealand!
                      oh no! now no one will buy it!!

Those bastards. I was also going to get it for a mate for christmas, and the censors ban it.
                      you can order it online and have it shipped to you. or do they check the mail for banned video games?

Comment

Pira teit. non comprehende?
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

It's the New Zealand Police.
                          For ignorant foreigners, this is the same police force that puts 99% of it's officers on the road to catch us speeding, hiding behind sheds and in the dips on either side of the road where you can't see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy

For ignorant foreigners, this is the same police force that puts 99% of it's officers on the road to catch us speeding, hiding behind sheds and in the dips on either side of the road where you can't see them.
                            Yeah, to join you have to have a stupid bushy moustache (even the chicks) and the mental capacity of a three year old.

You also have to pronounce the word "pleece" instead of "police".
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

EDIT: Agathon, @ your sig too

Comment

Working...
                              X