Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now, I'm not normally given to conspiracy theories about the administration, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, I'm not normally given to conspiracy theories about the administration, but....

Just a short while out ago, the Bush administration sold out the Taiwanese people by stating coming down Chen and his movement to push for an independence referendum. Not too long afterward, we get this news story:

China is comitted to increase imports of US products. Something that should definitely help American manufacturing, and by extension Bush politically in several states with industry. This just after Bush angered several manufacturing States by imposing steel tariffs?

Could these vents be linked?
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Huh?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Expand U.S. exports to China, while removing various restrictions on exports from China.
      Not exactly a one way commitment.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Re: Now, I'm not normally given to conspiracy theories about the administration, but....

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
        Just a short while out ago, the Bush administration sold out the Taiwanese people by stating coming down Chen and his movement to push for an independence referendum. Not too long afterward, we get this news story:

China is comitted to increase imports of US products. Something that should definitely help American manufacturing, and by extension Bush politically in several states with industry. This just after Bush angered several manufacturing States by imposing steel tariffs?

Could these vents be linked?
        How to put it?

NO sh1t Sherlock!

Of course, there is also the lingering NK situation.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Do you honestly not understand how corrupt this government is? I don't hate Bush cuz he's right wing. I like plenty of people who are right-wing, and have integrity. This Administration makes the Grant Administration look like a bunch of monks. And the worst part of it all is, much of this corruption appears to be legal, just highly, highly, unethical.

There have been practically non-stop quid pro quos with the Bushies. Why are you only suspicious that this might be one?
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Sure, we need a good relationship with China now. What are we going to do if another regional conflict flares up? Round up the 8 or 12 marines not currently deployed and send them out. No, we are stretched so thin that we have to kiss Chinese ass and depend on them to stablize the Far East.

If those idiots in Taiwan push the issue now, they will be on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
              Huh?
              The idea is:

- Foreign pressure causes Bush to backdown on steel tarrifs

- Bush hurt politically in manufacuturing States. Bush needs to help manufacturing do better to recoup political losses.

- Bush reaches a deal with China: China increases the amount it imports from the USA, in exchange for Bush selling out Taiwan.

It's just the events happen so awfully close together...

"Do you honestly not understand how corrupt this government is? "

Well most of the things I hear are usually little more then imaginative conspiracy theories...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                Sure, we need a good relationship with China now. What are we going to do if another regional conflict flares up? Round up the 8 or 12 marines not currently deployed and send them out. No, we are stretched so thin that we have to kiss Chinese ass and depend on them to stablize the Far East.

If those idiots in Taiwan push the issue now, they will be on their own.
                Well, if we did want to intervene, the Navy and Airforce by itself would probably stop China by itself. Anyway, China wouldn't invade Taiwan, because first off, Taiwan's military might stop an invasion on it's own. Also, even if China were to succeed, Taiwan invests so much in China and Taiwan would likely be devestated, so China would be faced with very hard economic times. And then there is the threat of American military action if Taiwan is invaded, and the US would be capable of devestating China via air power. Any of these things would imperil the Communists politically in China.

Comment

We don't want to get involved in another conflict. We are stretched thin as we are, and this wasn't a "we don't support you anymore", this was a "wait a bit, ok? we're busy here".

Comment

Offcially, the US has always supported One China policy, which means Taiwan prancing around is a big no-no. Unofficially, letting Taiwan prance around means more arms sales to the island and the use of the situation to force a bit more concession wrt the Mainland markets. Therefore, the US position wrt Taiwan has been more or less vague. It seems that Premier Wen more or less forced GWB to clarify the position as China has a few cards of its own to play.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

it still seems as if many still deny that iraq was merely a display of naked realism, not liberation.

if it truly was about liberation, and democracy, bush would have had the balls to stand behind taiwan, or go **** **** up in nkorea.

he didn't, and he doesn't, and he won't. why?

because he doesn't really give a rat's ass about liberation.
                      B♭3

Comment

Working...
                      X