No announcement yet.

Nearly half of new Iraq army has quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah -- his desktop is a picture of Abe Lincoln swinging by the neck from a sour apple tree.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

In fact, the Iraqi Army is the training center of the US contractors. Once the training is satisfactorily completed, they join the contractor milice with a much better salary.

Just joking of course.

However ....
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

They are still discussing recalling the some of the Iraqi Army. But why the procrastination? Media who have had interviews with the resistance report that they are a mixed force of former Iraqi soldiers and fedayeen taking orders from commanding officers of the former regime. Recalling the army will quickly identify who are the resistance to the extent that they do not show up. To the extent they do show up, they will no longer be able to participate in the resistance.

Regardless of the spin issue, training one battalion every six months will not build an adequate army in our lifetimes. Something radical has to be done to fix this.

Now, if the democrats had focused their criticism of Bush's policy in this direction instead of insisting that we turn administration of Iraq over to Annan and his French and German friends, I might have supported their criticism. It is good to see at least two Senators urging faster Iraqifaction. Gringrich is also urging it. But, AFAIK, none of the Democrat candidates are.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
          Nah -- his desktop is a picture of Abe Lincoln swinging by the neck from a sour apple tree.
          I want one!

The 700 man battalion was designed to form a core of the new army. The qualifications were pretty strict on getting in...No Baath party membership...no previous governmental associations...no criminal record.

It is a little sad that they were not successful in getting it up and running. Perhaps they should recruit 1200 and make a competition for the 700 slots and then actually pay these guys something. I mean...c'mon...How many billions did we appropriate and we pay the core of their army 60 bucks a month?
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            That'd be mine, except I wouldn't want to so tarnish a rope or even a sour apple tree.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
              They are still discussing recalling the some of the Iraqi Army. But why the procrastination?
              Because the ex-army is TOAB.

Media who have had interviews with the resistance report that they are a mixed force of former Iraqi soldiers and fedayeen taking orders from commanding officers of the former regime.
              "Former soldiers" as in SRG, IRG, not regular conscripts.

Recalling the army will quickly identify who are the resistance to the extent that they do not show up. To the extent they do show up, they will no longer be able to participate in the resistance.
              Oh yeah, like VC were never able to infiltrate the hell out of RF/PF and ARVNs.

Civilians.

Regardless of the spin issue, training one battalion every six months will not build an adequate army in our lifetimes. Something radical has to be done to fix this.
              The idea is that you're training the future cadres that will become senior NCO's and will themselves take over training the new professional army.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

That'd be mine, except I wouldn't want to so tarnish a rope or even a sour apple tree.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Didn't think about the rope and tree...
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I'm willing to bet a good sized chunk of the army that the US disbanded is out there taking pot shots at us know. I know there wasn't of it left in any kind of organized form by the end of the war but they should have grabbed anyone they could and sent em out to training camps and pay 'em to do line-dancing or whatever just to keep as many piss-off unemployed men with military training off the streets as possible. Disbanding what was left of the Iraqi and not at least trying to reconstitute it immediately was probably the biggest mistake of this whole mess.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                    X