Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Germany don´t has to pay for NATO bombardments when German planes didn´t participate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germany don´t has to pay for NATO bombardments when German planes didn´t participate

Full: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3306431.stm

From there:

Serbian families who tried to sue Germany over a Nato bombing raid have lost their case, a German court ruled.
    The 1999 bombing of a bridge at Varvarin, 110 miles (180km) south-east of Belgrade, killed 10 and injured 17.

A total of 35 people sued Germany, saying that although German planes did not take part in the raids, the government held responsibility under its Nato membership.

They had sought one million euros ($1.2m) in compensation.
    Well, I´m sorry for the loss of life, but perhaps they should rather sue Milosevic.
    Blah

I think they should sue Bush.

Comment

Why sue Germany, why not sue the country that dropped the bombs?
      CSPA

Comment

Or Clinton's willie. Lord knows it's the source of all that is evil in this world.

Edit: Damn crossposts.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
          Why sue Germany, why not sue the country that dropped the bombs?
          Well, those NATO guys are all the same!
          Blah

Comment

Would it be possible to sue NATO as a whole?
            CSPA

Comment

Hm, good question - but where? Theoretically maybe at the ICC, but I doubt it would have more chances there.
              Blah

Comment

Should set a nice precedent for the Iraq people...
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The sueing or the court´s decision?
                  Blah

Comment

Since, to the best of my knowledge, bombing of Serbia was illegal under international law, it is interesting to see the legal consequences it is having.

For now, we have had Serbian courts finding Clinton, Albright and others guilty in absence, now we have German court ruling Germany had nothing to do with the bombing.

Anyone knows of other related cases?

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                      (...)now we have German court ruling Germany had nothing to do with the bombing.
                      The court says German planes had nothing to do with the attack in question, it didn´t say Germany wasn´t participating in the entire operation.
                      Blah

Comment

I stand corrected. So, what explanation of the verdict did the court give?

Comment

From the link: "Berlin argued that it was not liable since neither German planes nor German pilots were involved."

AFAIK German Tornados did only recconaissance missions and antiradar strikes.
                          Blah

Comment

Yeah, only held the ladder to the thief

It's a strawman I think. They should appeal.

Comment

Well, I'm sure it will turn out that it's all our fault, since we are the source of all evil. Lemme get out my checkbook...

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X