No announcement yet.

Questions . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the stick-out-tongue smilie Imran's favorite smilie?

Because my tongue can be considered a very good sex toy for females .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

that video games are the cause of lack of motivation?

Comment

Diss . . . no, more like having difficult, but reachable goals are the fuel for human advancement.
        -connorkimbro
        "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Say, for example, two 12 year old boys are walking through the woods, and they come across a big ditch, maybe 10 feet across. And the one says to the other "I bet you can't reach Alpha Centauri with just one city!" and the other says to the one "Sure I can, maybe not today, but eventually I can!"

And so the boy trains and trains, and eventually, he gets to AC and posts the story of his adventure at 'poly.

Now, imagine those same two boys, but instead of coming up to a 10 foot wide ditch, they come up to the grand canyon. And the first boy says "I bet you can't reach Alpha Centauri with just one city!" and the second boy says "You're right, I can't!" and they both go ahead and try to jump over the ditch.

Can you see what I'm getting at?

Comment

I did that. I was so impressed that it actually worked.

Anyhow, the goal of early space flight wasn't the moon. That wasn't really a goal until JFK made it one in 61 (?)
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              I got very drunk last night. Tonight I'm marking the last of the ****ing assignments of this year.
              congrats

I am working on what is for all intents and purposes a takehome test

than I have two assignments to do in one class

grading tests for work

an assignment in another class (and if he makes me turn in late assignments, 3 more)

a test (final) in the aforementioned class

and in the final class (That I am wokring on the takehome for right now), I haven't done a homework assignment yet, so let's just say I have a lot to do

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have: a final on Friday, an assignment due sometime next week and a final to mark on Tuesday-Wednesday.

Then I fly home on Thursday for a month, during which I have to prepare for stat mech and classical mechanics prelims and also prepare a 30 minute talk on something. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Pay attention!
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I have a question: What time do you think the liquor store opens? I want to get drunk before I teach.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Because my tongue can be considered a very good sex toy for females .
                      The operative word here is "can."
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Pay attention!
                        But that was a wimpy earthquake, Boris.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                          Lunar tidal forces are very important.

Aside from the obvious ("tides"), they have caused the Earth's rotation to greatly slow over time, and stabilized Earth's wobble such that it is now a very stable, 20,000 year cycle -- instead of the chaos that marks the rotational wobble of other worlds.
                          interesting . . . .

Comment

Let's see ... life's according to Wittlich:

Why does Wolf Blitzer talk like a robot on CNN?

A: Because he wouldn't be Wolfie if he didn't.

What would Earth be like without a moon?

A: The natural tilt/axis of the Earth would be no more (ie, the poles would continually shift), there would be very little tital flux. Basically, Earth would be a very different planet.

Why am I the only Cher fan on Apolyton?

A: You're not. I like her too.

Is Alf real or a puppet?

A: He's a short guy in a hairy costume. Is it real or is it a puppet? - depends on your point of view (or fantasy for that matter).

When will the next earthquake strike the midwest region of United States? (last one was during War of 1812)

A: Probably after the "Big One" hits the bay area of California.

Why do we admire the sunrise/sunset by looking directly at it, but it's dangerous to look at it any other part of the day?

A: Because the rays from the sun are actually weaker during sunrise/sunset because of the longer penetration ratio of our atmosphere.

A: I won't go there...

How big is your palm pilot and how often do you play with it?

A: I don't own a palm pilot....unless you mean something completely different than a palm pilot.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                              Let's see ... life's according to Wittlich:

Why am I the only Cher fan on Apolyton?

A: You're not. I like her too.
                              YEAH!!!!! WOOHOO!!

Comment

only gay men like cher.
                                And the Theory lives on
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X