Egg nog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg nog

I love this stuff, I wish they had it all year long. Of course that is probably a good thing as it is loaded with fat and colories.

Some people detest this drink very much- even with alcohol in it. But I love it, can't get enough of it. Though I can't drink too much or I would get sick- because it is very rich.

And I drink mine without alcohol in it usually. Why ruin the good taste of egg nog with nasty alcohol?
    I love it, I wish I could marry it
    46.43%
    I like it
    14.29%
    I can tolerate it
    14.29%
    I aboslutely cannot stand this, I'd rather drink piss or budweiser- not that there's a difference
    21.43%
    I only drink mine with bananas juice in it
    3.57%

Oh, but it's soooooo tasty with a nice spiced rum in it.
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Mmmmm, egg nog.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've never been a rum drinker. Not sure why. Even when I was in the carribean where rum seemed to be real cheap. I just drank beer .

Comment

Just put brandy in it then .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm pretty sure I drank that. I absolutely hated that I drank some at a christmas get together once. That's the drink you are supposed to sip right? Well sip was all I could do, it was too disgusting for me to take big drinks out of it.

Comment

maybe your not supposed to, but i mix brandy with coke. it's very tasty also.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I was drinking it straight. I was told to sip it.

Comment

i've never liked sipping liquors. . . either shots, or mixed, that's the way to go, I say.
                  -connorkimbro

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
                    maybe your not supposed to, but i mix brandy with coke. it's very tasty also.
                    You heathen, you

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I love eggnog

as for my favorite liqour, it is whiskey, straight

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

not so keen on egg nog... i'll just take the brandy, thanks.
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I love eggnog. However, I am as picky about that as my occasional beer (one should not mix statins and liquor, both stress your liver ). I just discovered a good, low fat eggnog (that's not oxymoronic ). Horizon Orgainc lowfat Egg Nog, on sale at Kroger this week for $3.19 for 32 oz (if you are in the right portion of the USA). I hope mentioning this like that doesn't break any rules.
                          The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                          And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                          Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                          Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

just bought a quart and a pint

drank the pint

will drink the quart later today

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Can only love REAL eggnog!!!

Store-bought eggnog is the problem. If you like that, you would LOVE freshly-made nog. A totally different experience. Commercial nog is gross by comparison.

Oh, and the secret is to use cognac as the alcohol. Soooo smoooooooth! Many a naysayer has been converted...

I'll email SWMBO for the recipe. When it arrives, I'll post ...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X