Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are living in a material world...

...and I am a material girl. Today's lesson:

When life sucks, when men don't call, when little ****es steal from you, and when family is acting up; shopping makes everything better.

I've got a lovely new scarf heading my way, 100% unstealable cause I'm not going to let anyone else touch it ever. Once it arrives, I'll finally have the vital neck warming accessory to face the world head on, laugh in its face, and drink expensive coffee.

Fear me world, the b i t c h is back and he's wearing tasteful earthtones alternating with a pale cream. God bless online shopping.

*wipes single tear from eye*
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Watch that queen go!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes, a definate 9 out of 10 on the queen rag scale.

RAH
      I salute you.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yea, I know what you mean, I just bought a nice set of 4 KYB AGX shocks over on ebay and I feel GREAT!

Spec.
        Last edited by Spec; December 9, 2003, 19:00.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

{Ladies and gentlemen. We have a dedication going out tonight to StarChild.}

Material Girl
          Performed by Madonna, composition and lyrics by Peter Brown, Robert Rans, produced by Nile Rodgers.

Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me
          I think they're o.k.
          If they don't give me proper credit
          I just walk away

They can beg and they can plead
          But they can't see the light, that's right (that's right)
          'Cause the boy with the cold hard cash
          Is aways Mister Right

'Cause we're living in a material world
          And I'm a material girl
          You know that we are living in a material world
          And I am a material girl

Some boys romance, some boys slow dance
          That's all right with me
          If they can't raise my interest then I
          Have to let them be

Some boys try and some boys lie but
          I don't let them play, no way (no way)
          Only boys that save their pennies
          Make my rainy day

'Cause we're living in a material world
          And I'm a material girl
          And I am a material girl

[chorus:]
          Living in a material world

Boys may come and boys may go
          And that's all right you see
          Experience has made me rich
          And now they're after me

'Cause everybody's living in a material world
          And I'm a material girl
          And I am a material girl

And I am a material girl
          And I am a material girl

A material, a material, a material, a material world
          [chorus]

[chorus]
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Good for you Starchild. You should be on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy".
            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Awwww, sloww, that's sweet. Honestly, if you were just ten years younger I'd show you some tricks that would have you shouting out 'Sweet Jesus' cause, honey, you'd think you're on your way to Heaven.

Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Starchild, if ever you're feeling low, just think- you could be trapped in Park Avenue's body (pause for retching fit) and with his sense of haute couture.

By the way, did you know Brian Eno lives in Woodbridge?
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

He really is a a raving alcoholic drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                    He really is a a raving alcoholic drama queen

Yes, but he is our raving alcoholic drama queen!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

i bought the last pair of UGG boots in boston yesterday. and i must say that waking up in the morning knowing that you have something new to wear really makes everything seem that much better.
                        "Please saw my legs off." - George Carlin

Comment

Ugg boots?
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

they're very urban chic right now and apparently no one can find them because i've already been asked by multiple people where i got them and how because everything is on back order
                            "Please saw my legs off." - George Carlin

Comment

Urban chic?! What kind of bollocks nonce speak is that?!
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                              X