Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to avoid traffic jams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to avoid traffic jams?

Smart
    15.38%
    Stupid
    69.23%
    Banana
    15.38%
    Last edited by RGBVideo; November 16, 2012, 08:34.

In the UK anyway, live in the city and become a reverse commuter. When everyone is going into the city, you're driving out of it to work. When everyone is going home from working in the city, you're on your way in. Alternatively living in the city also gives you the option of working there and doing away with direct and indirect transportation costs altogether.

There are other advantages too.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

communist party limonsines
      kind of an oxymoron, eh?

I think that too many Americans needlessly drive. Kids are becoming fat because their parents drive them half a mile to school, and our roads are clogged with too many commuters who have access to lower cost mass transit. My dad took the Metra for 12 years to work from Naperville to downtown Chicago.

Somewhere along the line, the conservationist attitudes of the WW2 era gave way to the "everyone needs a huge, wasteful SUV" era of today.

I don't think America should turn into a biking country, but we need to stop our addiction to oil.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There need to be many infrastructure changes though. No-one is going to cycle without proper, safe cycling lanes.

Nevertheless, power to the cyclists!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
          There need to be many infrastructure changes though. No-one is going to cycle without proper, safe cycling lanes.

Nevertheless, power to the cyclists!!!
          Tell that to the finns in January.
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Tell that to the finns in January.
            Mass transit works pretty well, here at the capital district. I used bicycle until early november this year, winter's usually full quite... sleety in the coastal areas.

Comment

I've made it one of my life long goals to never have a dirvers license.

It's kind of strange, really. Most of my goals are about not doing certain things.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Come to California and try and survive on mass transit.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Mass transit works pretty well, here at the capital district. I used bicycle until early november this year, winter's usually full quite... sleety in the coastal areas.
                  I remember seeing a thing on TV along time ago, about a kind of sled that's used for geting around in winter in Scandinavia. It's sort of like a cross between a sled and a scooter, or something. You stand on it and push it with your feet. Obviously not as good as a bike, but probably better then walking alot of conditions. What are they called?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Come to California and try and survive on mass transit
                    Well, California has a 50-year history of catastrophical leaders.

It's sort of like a cross between a sled and a scooter, or something. You stand on it and push it with your feet
                    Don't understand. Power source : legs? A drawing (messy MS-paint drawing's ok) would be visualizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                      I've made it one of my life long goals to never have a dirvers license.
                      dirvers license? divers license? You think most people swim to school/work?

...ohhh... you ment Drivers license...!!!
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Cycle lans only work when cars obey them. Can't count the number of times I've had cars almost kill me when I was in a bike lane. And that was in Chicago. Here in Jax, the street sweepers kill cyclists. **** that! I ride on the sidewalk, I don't care if it's illegal.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

dirvers license? divers license? You think most people swim to school/work?

...ohhh... you ment Drivers license...!!!
                          Are you certain I didn't mean a dirger's license?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

A dirwhat?
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Che, you walking dictionary...
                              You know any details about the corruption situation in China? After a glance of the article, I'd say that that decision just smells of corruption.

Osweld : Potkukelkka, a kick-sled is perhaps the English translation. Owning it is adequate at rural areas and 'normal-sized' cities due to vicinity of rural areas (a 'normal-sized' means 20 000 - 50 000 citizens).
                              Snow is cleared off from inner city areas and their pavements are coated with small pieces of granite (well, you could call it sand, actually).
                              Last edited by RGBVideo; December 9, 2003, 15:43.

Comment

Working...
                              X