My computer died. The end of an era.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer died. The end of an era.

My computer was on during a light snowfall. My power flickered oncee, then again, then again. I came home, and he wouldn't boot up. I took him to the best computer doctors I know of, but they said there was nothing they could do. I loved my computer. He served me well for 3 years. He saw two Civ games, three Simcities, and two Railroad Tycoons. He came a few months before Black and White came out, and he ran the ram-hogging program with ease. He remembered the days of dialup. He was treated with love. I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot frequently, and defragmented his HD every so often. He was given a new video card so we could play Halo together. He was with me when I first beat the Truth and Reconciliation on Legendary on Halo PC. Alas, we'll never reach the Maw together.

My Dell Dimension 4100: March 2001-December 2003.

His legacy shall live on. I'm looking for a high-end computer without anything packaged with it. No monitor, no keyboard, sound system, printer, etc. I want a computer worthy of his predecessor. He should run programs like the wind. He should be able to display graphics of the highest quality. He should have enough RAM to deal easily with Windows XP. He must be a computer that my old one would be proud of. Where do you think I should look for high end computers that aren't packaged with monitors and stuff?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Your computer had a penis?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

would you rather it have a clitoris?

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
        Your computer had a penis?
        He played Half Life and Halo and Civ the most. Do you ever see girls playing those games?
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

ETC Computer offers customized computers online over ten years. The best prices are on hardware and software. You'll get fast, friendly and knowledgeable service.
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

R. I. P.

Comment

Thank God I've never had a computer trouble that rendered it unoperational.

I don't know what I'd do.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

why don't you build one ?

mine's still running nicely. jezebel's two years old now, a dell 8100. sept2k1 was her opening, and the first time i turned her on.
                B♭3

Comment

mine:
                  dimension 4100

first spark of life-giving power, IIRC, in Dec 2000

original things:
                  833mhz P3 proc
                  ati rage pro 128 vidcard
                  20gb hard drive
                  dvd drive
                  floppy drive
                  56k modem (VOMIT PUKE HURL THROW UP)
                  some pair of speakers that I can't even remember

since then I've changed or added:
                  labtec pulse 424 speakers ($50! for a maxpc 9 rating! hell ****ing yeah!)
                  256mb RAM (the best thing I've done to the computer)
                  24x cd-rw
                  network card
                  200gb hard drive (quite a jump, but it's nice to have all my old games installed at the same time, plus very legal disk wasters * )

I'm sure it would blow chunks if I gave it any game (other than C3C or a likewise TBS) made in the last year, but for civ, red faction, web surfing, etc. * , it's very good.)

I noticed that Q Cubed named his. I bestow upon my machine the name of Asskicker.

* most legitimate disk-wasters is P0RN

Comment

Requiem aeternam...

You should download Mozart's Requiem and play it in memory...very suiting!
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Good idea. Too bad I don't have a COMPUTER!

Idiot.

Comment

Then what are you using to do this?

Are you just sending electrical impulses through your phone line and hoping it's right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                          Good idea. Too bad I don't have a COMPUTER!

Idiot.
                          uhhh.... and you're using what?
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I know Apolyton so well and my 1337 hax0rzing skills are soo good that given an ordinary payphone, I can respond to threads by making tones with my voice. There's no way of seeing what people say, but I know all you trolls so well that I can predict what you are going to say anyway.

Comment

I noticed that Q Cubed named his. I bestow upon my machine the name of Asskicker.

lol. actually, i didn't name her. my gf named her. i mean, i spoil my comp, and i always manage to keep her turned on in my room...
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X