No announcement yet.

Bush gives the Left a huge christmas gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down with the Republican and Democratic commies. Long live the capitalist saviours that are the Greens.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

I actually laughed out loud when I saw that hippie smilie with the Santa cap.

My how the Santa cap can change some of the emoticons.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Why do you say it's the Left who is complaining?

Because the biggest complainers about this bill are those running in the Democratic primary.
          Someone's confusing the Dems with the left?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I must admit I know next to nothing about this bill. Educate me.

Though Ned doesn't need to even try. I only read him for entertainment
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

By the way the benefit to being rich, or just having marginaly more money, is you can buy more. Moan all you want, but monetary achievement is the basic rating for success worldwide. If their was no reward to earning money, well, look what happened to some of those experments. I am all about changing that standard, but untill then, "get back to work, you not bieng paid to believe in the power of your dreams."
              There is an old saying in Greece:
              "A little money you can make by toiling,
              a lot of money you can only make by cheating."

The monetary incentive works only for productive inividuals who are rewarded with a proportionate part of their own productivity. For individuals who have found some cash cow (be it property or administrative rights, or a patent, or a business scheme) and they are milking it for all they can, their motive will not be diminished if alot of that money is appropriated by the state.
              "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
              George Orwell

Comment

It's not about the people, it's about the politicians and who can get the most benefit from giving away money.
                (SOP)

After the Dems whined about how expensive the new plan is and how it will increase the deficit, they are concerned that only the REPs will get credit with the voters, so THEY"VE CHANGED THEIR Tune. LET"S GIVE AWAY MORE MONEY.

Medicare drug plan signed but not sealed
                Democrats seek to reopen battle, increase benefits

By William Neikirk, Tribune senior correspondent. Tribune staff writer Christopher Steiner in Chicago contributed to this report
                Published December 9, 2003

WASHINGTON -- The Medicare prescription drug bill that President Bush signed Monday gives him a re-election boost, but it also presages huge battles over how generous to make the new benefit and how much of a private flavor to give the entire program.

In other words, the Medicare wars appear to be a long way from over.

Even as the president hailed the measure as the first major expansion of Medicare since it was approved in 1965, Democrats countered by labeling the new benefit inadequate and serving notice that they will try to broaden it when Congress returns to action in an election year.

Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) called the measure "a lemon," and Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) promised an effort to repeal the legislation and replace it with a costlier, more generous drug benefit. "We're going to take back our Medicare," Kennedy said.

If this wasn't so sad, it would be funny.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                  Hey,

I have an idea, lets not make perscription drugs profitable, that way nobody will make them.
                  Given that most perscription drugs are made with public money and researched in major universities, I don't think we have to worry.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                    I must admit I know next to nothing about this bill. Educate me.

Though Ned doesn't need to even try. I only read him for entertainment
                    Why Commie Tassador, touche!
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Given that most perscription drugs are made with public money and researched in major universities, I don't think we have to worry.
                      Che, this really flies in the face of conventional wisdom. Therefor, I assume you said this because it was true and not just propaganda, right?

BTW, where did you get your "facts.?
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I don't think I EVERY recall any of the new drugs that Scientific American keeps harping on being developed by anything OTHER than a corporation.

Comment

Drug companies are the most profitable companies in the US- and some of their biggest costs are not research but marketing (all those endless drug commercials cost money, you know), which brings up an interesting point-why advertise prescription drugs directly to consumers?

And to respond to The Diplomats sad little troll- no, the "left" does not like the bill, anymore than they like the 4 trillion over 10 years Military spending plan either.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Dear god, please let the Democrats kill this ****ty prescription drug plan before I have to start paying taxes again.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                              Dear god, please let the Democrats kill this ****ty prescription drug plan before I have to start paying taxes again.
                              HUH? Haven't you been LISTENING. The DEMS want to spend more. A LOT more.

If you are concerned about your taxes, you should never consider voting for a Democrat.

Comment

I want the Dems to kill this plan and then fail in instituting their even bigger plan, thereby saving us all from the fiscal stone around the neck that is expanded Medicare. Not likely, I know, but a man can dream, can't he?
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X