No announcement yet.

1776 in 2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, how about American Civil War 2: The Rise of South?
    Where would the army stand, if 13 of the states would declare independence? Are they legally (constitutionally) allowed to do that?

Or, If 90% of people of Texas wish for the Lone Star Republic to be reformed, would they be allowed to do so?

How big of a city is Richmond these days?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Goverment agencies/military would be UTTERLY decimated if not utterly shut down by civilian hackers suddenly turned patriot....

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
        Why does there have to be a revolt if the same result can be accomplished by elections in less than a year?

...or an impeachment. So as long as the entire government system doesn't breakdown, there is little need for revolution in these days.

...States succeeding from the Union, now that might be a different story

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
          if 13 of the states would declare independence? Are they legally (constitutionally) allowed to do that?

No. The US is a single entity, made up of 50 parts.

Comment

There's no need for Bush to tick off 75% of the country. He'd just need to enrage critical sectors

A few computer geeks can create more havoc than all of the minutemen ever did...throw in a few Unibomber/John-Mohammed-type er "freedom fighters" and the news media will be focused on the "revolution." Then, for the final push, critical elements of the military would need to join in--like in the storming of the Bastille.

So it's conceivable...but as Shi Huangdi points out, the American is so stable, the chances of people turning to the gun rather than the ballot box are very remote.

Comment

If 3/4 of population wants to revolt, and that fact becomes well known in the society, then the government is toast. Not only would the military want to join the revolt, but also large portions of the government itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                How many guns per American again?

Enough to keep us free.
                I think you need to kep in mind Iraq. The people there had the right to keep and bear arms, and did so. Owning a gun was a sign of masculinity, and part of the problem the U.S. is having is the fact that there are so many guns foating around in Iraq. Even weakened after a bombing campaign and a massive military defeat in 1991, Hussein was able to put down the rebellions.

As long as the government has the military on its side, the people will be unable to overthrow the government.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I doubt such a revolution would take place... too much ignorance and apathy. But I think one is needed. Both parties are corrupt. Corporate lobbyists have more power than the people. And the policitical system is corrupt.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Damn, my immediate objection has already been noted... by Mr. Fun.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sorry, that must be hard to take .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        Damn, my immediate objection has already been noted... by Mr. Fun.

-Arrian
                        Well, that means I'm entitled to some extra brownie points, don't ya think?

Oh, and Imran -- piss-off you bastard.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Goverment agencies/military would be UTTERLY decimated if not utterly shut down by civilian hackers suddenly turned patriot....
                          Hackers don't do that ****. They aren't mercenaries or something.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                          X