Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt a new mix

Various 0x04 (fifth mix in the series^-^):
    1. Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - Blowin In The Wind (Bob Dylan cover)
    2. Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - Times They Are A-Changin' (Bob Dylan cover)
    3. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Hello (Lionel Ritchie cover)
    4. Aimee Allen - Wasting My Youth
    5. Aimee Allen - Too ****ed Up For Love
    6. Aimee Allen - Miss America
    7. Patti Smith - Gloria
    8. Andrew WK - Never Let Down
    9. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Love Stinks
    10. Nerf Herder - Don't Hate Me
    11. Nerf Herder - Mr. Spock
    12. Nancy Sinatra - 100 Years
    13. Nancy Sinatra - Summer Wine (w Lee Hazlewood)
    14. The Beatles - Octopus's Garden
    15. Sahara Hotnights - Keep Up The Speed
    16. Pink - Trouble
    17. KISS - Do You Remember Rock'n'Roll Radio (Ramones cover)
    18. The Sounds - Living in America
    19. The Sounds - Hit me
    20. The Distillers - L.A.Girl
    21. The Distillers - Young Girl
    22. Rancid - Indestructible
    23. Rancid - Otherside
    24. Rancid - Arrested In Shanghai
    25. South Park - La Resistance
    26. Simpsons - The Ramones - Happy Birthday, Mr. Burns

No hard stuff made it through this time. I think it's time to make a new metal mix to accompany this.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

This is my newest mix of stuff. The (+) on songs means I spliced in a cool sample of something at the beginning of it for atmosphere on the playlist. At the Drive In has a ghostbuster's clip, The Mars Volta has a Will Farrell Harry Caray clip, Mike Patton has a Sealab clip. The last track is Jesse Ventura's awesome quote from Predator. I think it's a good playlist .
    Attached Files
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Leo, I think you and I have very very very different taste in music. Pink!!! Where's my vomit emotion??? Oh, wait... here it is
      Attached Files
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Well, the only things on your list that I recognize are Gorillaz, Mars Volta, and Radiohead. Hmmph. Didn't much care for the bits of Mars Volta that I sampled, don't really have any Radiohead, and only know of Gorillaz from flipping through channels a few years back.

As for Pink, that would be the only Pop entry on my list.

Tracks that didn't make it from the initial round-up due to CDs being puny: Birthday Cake by Cibo Matto, For tonight you are only here to know by The Distillers, Those Anarcho Punx are Mysterious by Against Me, Law For the Rich by The Exploited, Sugar by System of a Down, My Favourite Things by Me First and the Gimmes Gimmes, High School by Nerf Herder, and Drive Dead Slow by the Sahara Hotnights.

Comment

I wonder how much you would have retched had I put in that other recent pop song I liked, Aguilera's Fighter.

Comment

I wonder how much you would have retched had I put in that other recent pop song I liked, Aguilera's Fighter.

Comment

That's one hell of a double post.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

You know, Slashdot has had an effective way of preventing double posts for years. It issues unique IDs to every form and doesn't accept them twice.

Comment

Mike -- if you haven't heard Hella yet, you're missing out. Two guys from At the Drive-In who play incredibly fast, almost conversational guitar and drums. No vocals -- just guitar and drums. I highly recommend their CD -- it will warp your perception of music forever.
                  the good reverend

Comment

The Sounds? Bleuurgh.
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by rev
                      Mike -- if you haven't heard Hella yet, you're missing out. Two guys from At the Drive-In who play incredibly fast, almost conversational guitar and drums. No vocals -- just guitar and drums. I highly recommend their CD -- it will warp your perception of music forever.
                      Hella huh? I was under the impression that 3 of the guys made Sparta and the other 2 made The Mars Volta. There's more side projects? I'll check it out.

And Leo, had you included Ms. Aguilera I probably would have used this smilie instead...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I checked on it and as far as I can tell, Hella has nothing to do with At the Drive In. Nevertheless, I'm still gonna check them out.

Comment

Working...
                        X