PervetedJustice.com- Online Vigilanateeism for the 21st century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PervetedJustice.com- Online Vigilanateeism for the 21st century

Found this site linked on www.collegehumor.com Apparently, what they do is go on chat rooms pretending to be a pre-teen/teen child. They then wait for older guys(pedophiles) to message them, and they lead the guy on. If the guy tried to set up a real life meeting for sex, they proceed. They get the guy's phone number as well as whatever information the guy gives up. They then have one of the females who works on the site that sounds young call the phone number to verify that is the same person and that the person is interested in sex. If they are, they proceed with the sting. They take the information they have, and use methods to trace down more(usually tracing the phone number i think), and post the pedophile's photo, name, adress, and contact info(Phone number). The pedo is informed he is put on the site, and once he is up there the site's readers usually harass the person with multiple phone calls. They then use their detective skills to try to find out as many of the pedo's contacts as possible, employers, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc. They then send them the chat log of the pedo trying to pick up the fake teen/pre-teen. It has been very effective in many cases, causing people to lose jobs, cause peoples wives to leave them, caused one person living with his parents to be kicked out of his house, etc.

People in favor of the website defend it, as only people who have tried to meet a minor for sex get posted and it is only fair to alert the pedo's community that he is there, and that it acts as a detterant against trolling for underage sex. Others claim this site just drives pedo's underground, that it does not respect due process, and that it ruins people's lives.

What do you guys think?
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Others claim this site just drives pedo's underground

Why is that a problem?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      Others claim this site just drives pedo's underground

Why is that a problem?
      they claim they can still operate from deeper underground, but they are harder to reach when there.

Comment

I don't see how someone can be "against" it. It's all perfectly within their rights.

Comment

they claim they can still operate from deeper underground, but they are harder to reach when there.

A rather dubious claim, but within the realm of possibilty. Of course, pushing the paedo's deeper underground would also make it harder for them to contact and molest children, which seems like a positive to me. They may be harder to catch whilst underground, but it will also be harder for them to molest children in the first place.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Whether it's right or not, I sense a lawsuit in the near future.
            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

How? What could they sue for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
                Whether it's right or not, I sense a lawsuit in the near future.
                I am pretty sure it's legal what they do. All they do is post a conversation they themselves had, and inform other people they had this conversation. They had a guy from Harvard Law analyze the website as well as the ACLU and both have assured them what they are doing is legal.

Comment

If its right or wrong Really depends on their "Victims". No Problem if its the stereotypical 40y old guy wants to **** 12y old girl.
                  But since children is defined as anything below 18, there are cases where it would seem rediculous. Think 19 year old guy want to hook up with some 17 year old girl...
                  If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

This reminds me of the ppos who conned the Nigerian bank transfer guys and got 'em on tape
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I think it's a great idea, still it's entrapment. Similar to cops posing as hookers... Perfectly legal, but still cops are particular about and don't encourage doubious behavior as that site sounds like it does.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

I discovered this site about a week ago, and while in most cases they are finding some freaky people, there are a few that bother me by their approach.

Take this one for example. Some selected lines are below:

usmc_emt: is my age a problem?
                        sugar_n_spicy1990: how old r u?
                        usmc_emt: 27
                        sugar_n_spicy1990: nope lol my last bf was 25
                        [...]
                        usmc_emt: well you will get anythign you want hun
                        sugar_n_spicy1990: what if i want more
                        usmc_emt: you will get it
                        sugar_n_spicy1990: you would **** me? ((Might as well go for broke.))
                        usmc_emt: you want that?
                        sugar_n_spicy1990: mebbe. u?
                        usmc_emt: then I would ((Liftoff.))

This one, and a few like it bother me, in that the site "staffer" pretends to be an older-man loving girl. And brings up the subject of sex first. It just doesn't sit right. Also, if you look through their archives many of their "busts" are 18 or 19 year old "pedophiles" hitting on supposed 14 or 15 year old girls.

I am somewhat undecided about the whole thing really. In many ways the site just doesn't feel right. In fact, I am leaning more toward them being in the wrong at this point.
                        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

From Shi's description, it sounds like just another excuse to be mean to others.

Why wouldn't they just proceed to hand over the information to the police?

Comment

Because they're vigilantee's... While I don't condone crimes, I also don't condone ppl taking the law into their own hands in a "street justice" fashion.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

The pedo is informed he is put on the site, and once he is up there the site's readers usually harass the person with multiple phone calls.

I have a problem with this part.

Why wouldn't they just proceed to hand over the information to the police?

I 2nd this opinion.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X