No announcement yet.

Kraftwerk Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The soundtrack to "Das Boot" is great. Also "Tour the France".

Rammstein made a cover of "Das Modell", which the Kraftwerk guys think is crappy. I think Rammstein was to a large extent influenced by Kraftwerk, despite being in a completely differnt genre. And Rammstein is the best contemporary German band in my opinion.
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

despite the fact i dont listen to tuneless, monotonous (ok to an extent electro is very monotonous at times but thats the point) crap.

and buck, dont try and give me an education in music history. for all intents and purposes kraftwerk were the first because they were popular. people arent going to remember musique concrete as being the first. People like to break down everything into one singular thing, in this case kraftwerk. people arent going to remember wendy carlos even as being a pioneer. but people will remember kraftwerk.

and also dont label electronic music as all bad. there is a lot of good in it, like boards of canada, aphex twin, squarepusher. Im sorry you live in a place where eurotrance and hard dance are the most common form of electronic music, but youre all just a bunch of pasty white europeans with no soul.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

After having listened extensively to both, Jean-Michel Jarre is also heavily influenced by them, but I don't recall him ever having credited them for said influence. It is quite obvious to me that he is, but then he created his own personalized style from it, along with numerous other elements of influence or inspiration, like all artists. It's just that basic themes of his like Oxygene and especially Equinoxe seem to resemble Kraftwerk sounds a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          And Afrika Bambaataa was one of the big influences on hip hop and whatnot.
          .....especially whatnot!

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            for all intents and purposes kraftwerk were the first because they were popular...
            So The Eagles were the first Country-Rock band then?

Anyway I was thinking of various 20thC classical electronic composers like Schtockhausen etc.

I don't dislike all electronic music, far from it. I just supposed you were a house kid from your comment, if you listen to electro all is forgiven.
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

The eagles might be remembered that way

and i dislike most house, except for what i would consider italo disco, or electro house, like legowelt and bangkok impact and orgue electronique.

recently all ive been able to listen to is electro, and italo disco, i think its since i moved to seattle...

mostly american efforts too...like drexciya, dopplereffekt, japanese telecom, dynamix II, etc etc
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I enjoy new electro too but for purely electronic music I mostly listen to Ghetto-Tech and Brazilian Funk now, maybe with some VGM on the side... Plus of course various hip-hop variants but that's a slightly different continuum.

Been meaning to get into it more. http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html has given me a lot of leads.

Comment

lmao, the god father? detroit grand puhbahs? Dj assault? they make me laugh because they are so bad theyre good.

Comment

I know. It's awful!

Comment

Working...
                    X