The rights of the landlord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rights of the landlord?

I was just wondering what landlord can do. I mean the dude who rents you a place.

Today, as I got back from the Uni, someone CLEARLY had entered my apartment. The bathroom door was open, and there were few drops of urine in my toilet cover. Yes, someone needed to pee. In my apartment.

The only one with access to my place is the landlord. Is this acceptable? Should I raise hell?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

It depends on Finnish law..but my guess is, no, a landlord can't enter an apartment at will, even if he really has to go.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah, and there's a bathroom like 20 meters away, in our basement where everyone in the building has access.. instead he used mine, and decided not to clean up the few drops of urine, and I find that not only disgusting, but upsetting. If someone really needed to go and asked me, I'd most likely let the person in to use the bathroom. But this is kind of unacceptable.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Save the drops for evidence!

Comment

maybe it's just orange juice
          CSPA

Comment

then again I would still get pissed off if someone went into my bathroom and spilled orange juice all over it
            CSPA

Comment

Just go urinate on his door handle...maybe he'll get the message
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

@ Timexwatch! That's great.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Pekka I thought you were in USA or something?

Anyway, good eyesight there. I presume you live alone. If I lived alone I would piss all over the place and could never trace intruders by the look of my toilet seat. Or could I? I don't know.

But of course this is serious offense. My suggestion is buy a really mean dog (doesn't have to be big) and keep him at home.

Another thing you can do is buy a cheap web camera and point it at the door. Get free software for monitoring off the internet. You can set up a surveillance system for 30$ or so, complete with an SMS sent to you when intruder is spotted!

And if all else fails, just talk to the landowner guy

Comment

I don't live in the US.. I only dream about it..

Well it's not hard to spot few drops on the cover, because I'm observant about it. Even though I'm the only one using the toilet, I still try to aim, and even if there are no drops, I still wipe it before sitting on the cover if I'm about to poop. Weird huh?
                    So, I definitely see if some slobby bastard has used my facilities.

I can't buy a dog, because there is no pets allowed.. .

Webcam idea is funny though.. I could make a website just for that. 'PLEASE, IF YOU SEE MY LANDLORD BREAKING IN AND YET AGAIN PISSING ON MY TOILET SEAT COVER, LET ME KNOW!'.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Webcam idea is funny though.. I could make a website just for that. 'PLEASE, IF YOU SEE MY LANDLORD BREAKING IN AND YET AGAIN PISSING ON MY TOILET SEAT COVER, LET ME KNOW!'.

I think you've got the idea for the next reality tv hit!
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

BTW, in California, landlords have to give a minimum of 24 hours written notice, except in emergencies.

Comment

Working...
                        X