Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell supports Spyware???

I ran across an interesting item at this address --
    SpywareInfo.com -- an open letter to the management of Dell Computers, which now
    forbids its tech support group in helping users delete spyware.

Thought Dell customers and potential customers should know.

Unbelievable...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

I blame kaak.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

damn yo
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

i think it's just lawyers messing with the support service...
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I DEMAND THIS POST BE CLOSED BECAUSE IT IS SLANDER okay, i'm j/k
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I DEMAND THIS POST BE CLOSED BECAUSE IT IS SLANDER okay, i'm j/k
            That ***** never could write. Close this thread, we've already got a thread about Ann Nazi-Dip**** Coulter.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Woohoo. Does that mean Dell is going to put its own spyware in?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Doubtful. Probably either a) they don't want their tech support people spending time on stuff that isn't really related to their product, b) they don't want any sort of litigation like Gator brought against that antispyware company, or most likely c) both.

Comment

What Gator? There's no Gator anymore.

The customer can always say, "How do I remove this crap?"
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

What did they change the name to? Wasn't it "Clarisse" or something like that?

Comment

"Claria" or something. Same doggie poo different day.

Comment

My company forbids us from helping customers remove spyware, i guess legal reasons and what have you.
                        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

So spyware rates above maintaining good customer relations? I guess I'm not surprised anymore.
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Gatekeep: My company is an ISP, and I suppose their thinking is that there could be legal complications if Ad-Aware or Spybot caused the customer's PC to crash. We are supposed to refer them to their PC manufacturer, such as Dell.
                            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh, the irony!

"I'm sorry, sir/madam, but we cannot help you. However, we can refer you to the spyware's manufacturer. Here's their phone number: (555) 555-5555. It's $3.99 per minute. Have a nice day."

*click*

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X