I Hate Shoveling Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Shoveling Snow!

It just snowed a whole bunch last night in the Washington DC area where I live. I saw the snow when I woke up this morning. I had to shovel my driveway, then the street -- since the snow plow only did one lane down the middle of the street -- and finally I got into work today around 11:00 AM.

I have considered getting a snowblower, but it seems like overkill...

I just hate shoveling snow. Snow used to be fun when I was a little kid, no school, make snowmen, etc. but now it's a huge inconvience.

So I put it to you. What's the worse thing about snow?
    Shoveling
    15.38%
    Traffic accidents
    7.69%
    Inconvenience (schedule changes, etc.)
    7.69%
    Being outside all cold and wet
    17.95%
    Yellow snow
    7.69%
    Nothing - I love snow!
    35.90%
    Its snowing bananas
    7.69%
    Haven't been here for ages....

Nothing.. I love snow.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I hate shoveling snow... that's why I hired a service this year... now I don't have to
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Are they always on time? It seems so hard to contract reliable services for an appropriate price.

Comment

I hate dirty snow, the gray black slush you get on the streets. I hate that yuppies don't pick up after their dogs, and the **** stays until the Spring thaw so that you have four months of dog crap on the ground in Spring. I hate that it has to be cold for there to be snow.

I love freshly fallen snow. I love quiet snowfalls. Just going out in the park while the snow silently builds up around you. It muffles the noise of the city and makes it peaceful. I love sledding in the park. I love how it makes the trees look.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I hate driving when it snows. The first few flakes fall, and there's always some idiot who thinks they must immediately go 25mph even though the roads are still perfectly clear.

If you can't drive in it, stay home.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I hate the cold weather... but that's just the winters fault...

About snow I hate it when I have to get to/from somewhere with my bike... all the cars 'push' the snow to the side of the road, where I have to be with the bike... And having to chose from biking in the frozen snow (Which is almost impossible) or driving on the road where the cars always tried to hit me... that's not a funny choice to make...

...at least this year I live closer to school (Cutting of 50% of the time it takes to get to school)
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Snow makes it a little tough to work in the garden, so we get to come home. My vote for love snow!
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Nothing... I love snow.

Out of curiousity: with 'yellow snow' do you mean, that somebody has pissed on the snow or what?
                  I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

i love the snow.

Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                      Nothing... I love snow.

Out of curiousity: with 'yellow snow' do you mean, that somebody has pissed on the snow or what?
                      Um....yes...quite nasty business you know.

We are one of the few families in the neighborhood that don't have pets. So its a common sight to see folks walking their dog and letting them take a leak in the neighbor's front yards. I totally don't understand why people think it's okay to do this (the dog doesn't know better obviously). Maybe I should start creating some yellow snow in their yards!

So yes, its piss (animal or human)

Comment

Snow sucks. I could live without it.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I used to hate the cold and snow, when I never went outside. But now that I do things outside regularily, I've grown to like it.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I love snow.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Makeo, good picture!

With snow and riding in the snow (be it skis or snowboard, whatever) is the ultimate illusion of freedom for me. It's like being a bird.. it's the next best thing if you can't fly... everything to it is good. It's definitely better than sex.

Perfect day would start from a nice breakfast with fresh OJ, pancakes, eggs, bread, maybe even bacon or sausage, then whole day of riding in the snow with buddies, then a nice dinner, sauna bathing and drinking redicilous amounts of alcohol.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X