No announcement yet.

Letter from an Army vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know quite a few vetrans who fanatically supported Bush up until a year ago...
    WIth a few debates, I was able to convince them that Bush was not out for their best interests.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

where did this story come from, exactly? whats the sourse? a person you know personally? or a newpaper or something?. . .
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Salon.com
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Che, check your PMs.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i don't know how reputable that website is, or if that article is legit or not. . . it SOUNDS like one of those articles that someone completely fabricates in order to prove their point, of course I'm not saying this article is one of those . . . i can't know that.

that being said, the only vet that i know (my grandfather, ww2) supports bush, and the war in iraq, and all that.
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Why dont you and Mobius and davout combine your three threads into one and save a little space here on poly. Unless of course you all couldnt agree to share the spotlight.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sprayber -- actually, this thread by Che seems much more interesting and legitimate than some of the other threads you're lumping it with.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I just don't understand the motivation of the thread. Is it to show that there are some people in the military that don't support Bush? I could rattle off the names of many that fit that description for a whole wide range of reasons. I could also name many that hate that the Army wears those damn black berets. Would that be earth shattering?
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

So what if Che wants to share his own direct experience with such protests?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Apolytoners sharing what they saw as their own interesting experiences -- no matter what the topic is.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

But you may be right. Perhaps this thread is better than the other two floating around there..

Comment

Working...
                      X