Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica: Can Sci fi Channel Do It Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica: Can Sci fi Channel Do It Right?

Saw it advertise on the sci fi channel tonight. I thought I might check it out. I don't know if it will be any good or not but some of the previews look promising. There are some changes they have made to the original concept and it won't be a continuation but a remake series.

Edward James Olmos will be playing Commander Adama

The Starbuck charcter will now be a woman.

all in all it looks pretty cool. Hopefully it will be good.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Can Sci fi Channel Do It Right?

Originally posted by Sprayber

The Starbuck charcter will now be a woman.
    that smacks of Political Correctness

Comment

I plan on recording it for the family. My wife was a big fan of the old cheesy series... I'm looking forward to see if it's any good or not. The promos look interesting.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wonder if Ms Starbuck will be the same type of character as her male predecessor (sp?)
        I think Boomer has been changed to a female character too.
        Lets hope that they do better than the remake of Dune.

Comment

reds: Yeah, i thought about that myself when I noticed that they had changed Starbuck from a man to a woman. I'll wait to see it to complain too much. Perhaps it works better than the original. If there is some kind of romantic connection between Apollo and Starbuck then I'll be disappointed. I hope they don't go down that line..

Ming: I've seen the original and it had some promise but it never really got there as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully they will give it an edge that the older one lacked. At least it's someting new,...er.. well something old that is new again
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by CorpusScorpius
            I wonder if Ms Starbuck will be the same type of character as her male predecessor (sp?)
            I think Boomer has been changed to a female character too.
            Lets hope that they do better than the remake of Dune.

From the character bio, she is basically the same type just as a woman..

Comment

I liked the book

didn't like the TV series

JOn Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

hopefully it will be better than the recent game, I heard it was a real stinker.

Comment

How do you like the Female Cylon? Number Six........from the previews they should of named her # Sex

Comment

no, they ruined the cyclons, turned everyone on the ship into women,probably threw in a love story or two just for the hell of it... I don't like these people.

Comment

looks good

Female Cylon = hot...
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: Re: Battlestar Galactica: Can Sci fi Channel Do It Right?

Originally posted by reds4ever

that smacks of Political Correctness
                        I didn't realise that T&A had become politically correct.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

it is in my world

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I hope so.

Comment

If I'm elected President, I'd pass an amendment making it mandatory every show on basic cable has to have full frontal female nudity.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X