No announcement yet.

Practical Shooting Range Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem with only allowing one person at a time (which you would have to do to avoid liability in case one shoots another), is that it takes a certain amount of time to go through the course. In order to pay for overhead, and hopefully make a profit, you'd have to charge a decent amount of money.

Though shooting ranges never have to worry about liability... What's to stop me from shooting the guy next to me at the shooting range? Nothing. But with a complete course people will be going in all sorts of different directions. The won't be lined up all shooting the same direction.

Comment

It's easy to do between tactical and hunting type of action. Just need to build a course, that is satisfying for both needs, or if the business picks up, build one or more for both. Maybe the courses should be modifiable too, so there would be little excitment for club members every now and then.

And sure discount for gangs.. naturally. Discounts for members too. Members could even bring their OWN guns and try them out. Naturally we'd have to check them before they bring them in, but that'll take less than 10 minutes.

Moving targets (moving on rails), could be just replaced as bears and the likes for hunters, and terrorists and baddies for tactical shooters.

Depends... I think getting inside place for this would be so expensive it'd be impossible.... I think it would have to be outdoors, at first.

Pretty much what Kramerman is talking about.

But if we'd get enough land, there could be whole lots of other types of shooting as well. Basic shooting, tactical, modified to hunting too, paint gun range for fun, defensive shooting for crazy people... tracer shooting for romantic types.. and if enougn land, even sniper shooting.

Start slow, build from there. I realize it woudln't bee shooters Disney Land for some time.. build slowly.

Dissident, sure we could have two people at the same time, but ONLY for club members. They have to be 'certified' to be allowed to do it. They have to sign waivers naturally, and the ranges are build to avoid these possibilities.. but club members could do pair shootings, go there tactical, meter away from each other. But when this happens, they have to be club members and complete all the required safety lessons and practices... there's no way it would be a good idea to let tourists go with live ammo hand to hand to range..

A different type of range, where they could go, but there would be no realistic ways of shooting each other.. then same time sure. They could compete with time, accuracy and what not.. personel is naturally needed to observe ALL TIMES.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Are there tracers for shotguns? That would be cool

And don't forget machine guns

Possibly a great Idea would be to create some historical battles
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Safety would be a major issue on a facility like that.

Assault rifles (7.62/5.56) would not be a good idea. The bullets travel too far. The land mass you would need for that is just too big, and it would still take very detailed instructions on shooting directions and angles, something you have no guarantee your clients would understand or care about.

A Swedish officer was sentenced for letting his platoon go Rambo on the shooting range, spraying from the hip with 7.62 machine guns. One astray bullet hit a civilian guy in the head while he drove his car 5 km away.

I would suggest an indoor range with 9 mm sub-machine guns and shotguns, locateed in a shut down industry or warehouse. Then you can cover the roof and walls with sandbags and heavy plating, and the only thing you would have to worry about is your client shooting himself in the foot.

But what's wrong with paintball anyway? It's safe, fun, adrenalin-rushing and the targets shoot back at you.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Ollie,
            I don't know if you ever fired a military weapon. It's FUN
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

very thrilling
              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                Ollie,
                I don't know if you ever fired a military weapon. It's FUN
                6.5 mm Gevär M/1896 Mauser rifle
                9 mm K-pist M/45b sub-machine gun
                7.62 mm AK-4 assault rifle
                5.56 mm AK-5 assault rifle
                7.62 mm KSP-58 machine gun
                Plus live hand grenades and training ammo for RPG:s

While shooting live ammo with military weapons could have it's thrills, I would still consider paintball as more fun.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Chemical Ollie, unfortunately I believe you are correct with the assualt rifles.. I think it's not a good idea going outdoors after you pointed out the facts. Even with big masses of sand built everywhere, they would still bounce from them and who knows where they go, but what ever would happen, it would mean the outdoors place would have to be located near nothing, and we'd have to cover few km's every direction to be hazardous zone. And there couldn't be those other ranges next to them either. So, I guess assult rifles could be handled ONLY indoors. People just have to settle with handguns on the tactical range then I guess.. Or build a small one inside the warehouse or whatever...

I don't know about the regulations, maybe there are ways to set safe outdoors range too for assault rifles, for example if there's nothing in the shooting and possible bouncing sector for let's say that 5 kms, no people, no houses, no roads.. and then set up signs that warn about them.. I don't know, then I think we should own the whole property to the signs, and that's just too much. I don't know, have to work on that.

Machine guns are I think impossible .

AND I said, paint ball range is one of things you can do! Your choice... kids for paint ball, dads for shotguns, assault rifles and handguns..
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

What WOULD be COOL, is to get those laser equipment for real weapons. Then get helmets and the works, put then blanks in the magz and go for combat.. but those are freaking expensive, and they'd be breaking all the time when customers crash them to ground etc.. so.. that woulkdn't work I think.. but would be hella cool.
                    In da butt.

Comment

That paintball range would be so cool if it was in the forrest.. I'd build stuff like foxholes etc there, so folks can improvise. Then get this fun packet, that you get to have camosuits, masks (mandatory), the works, and have a night combat .. Shiit.. I give then NVGs, throw in some smoke granades in the middle of the night, flares and stuff... secured areas without outside entry, Id put that TNT working simulating mortar attacks... Maybe I'm going too far .

Let's start with the first shooting range though. How impossible it is to get all the permits for this kind of business in the US?
                      In da butt.

Comment

The lazerdome in my home town is 10 € an hour.

And if you don't shoot live ammo anyway, you could as well use soft airguns instead of real guns.

Comment

Yeab but the lazerdome SUCKS. I've been in one of those too.. they are freaking toys you play with.. with real guns and blanks, .. but I see where you're coming from and I just got too excited, I think it's not a working idea.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Me and my friends used to have BB gun wars when we were younger. The only real safety rules we followed was to wear jeans and long sleave shirts.

BTW we used those old bb guns. not the ones they have today
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Hey Pekka, aren't you working on a masters degree in computer science? You should do what no one else has done before, otherwise it's just another one of those things people have already tried. Build a life-size computer-game shooting range where you shoot gunpowder blanks (to get some real sound, gunsmoke and recule). The guns should have that laser equipment so that you only hit when you actually aim correctly, then enemies (and friendlies, illegal targets) should appear on wide screens in windows, in the woods, or wherever you are.

The enemies could be terrorist, bank robbers, grizzly bears or dinosaours, whatever fits the clients preferrence.

It would be safe, still lifelike, you could work alone or in teams.

Comment

That's not quite the same now is it ..
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X