No announcement yet.

Hotmails new look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outlook web access has a few one-ups on hotmail.

all right-click functionality, when in IE, acts just as it would in outlook itself. as in, if you right-click on a name, you won't see "save target as...", but rather "open / reply / move" and so on.
    B♭3

Comment

I don't like it. The new interface seems pointless when the old one was working so well, and, IMO, better than this one...there being only "up/down/inbox" buttons at the bottom of messages, I have to scroll back up to delete or reply (unlike previous IIRC although I really couldn't give a rat's ass either way.)

However, Microsuck seems to have streamlined the interface by about 1/2%. Good for them.

FUNCTION: 4
      STYLE: 7
      TILT: 3
      AVERAGE: 5 :vomit:
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I like it. It's got nice eye appeal and an intuitive layout. Kudos to Microsoft.

Comment

I hate it. I liked the direct navigation on the left side of the page and was really confused. Plus, it takes more effort to go to the Junk Mail folder.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I like the 'New mail from my contacts:' section of the opening page. I added myself to my contacts, then spammed myself. Im worried that the list will fill up fast, and without titles to differentiate each email, things might get confusing.

I like the look of that outlook web access.You mention IE, is it integrated into the browser for email addys or something?
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I wish I could block the account they use to send me annoying brainwashings. I tried and it's a special case that can't be blocked.

I only have Hotmail because I wanted an MSNIM account in Trillian anyways, but I still get mail notifications.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

This look seems very ordinary. It looks exactly like Caramail. Same tones and similar layout.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

there really is only so much you can do with web based email to make it unique.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

yeah. it's integrated into ie6. anything else, and you get the "lite" version, which has the same interface, sans the rightclick functionality.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      This look seems very ordinary. It looks exactly like Caramail. Same tones and similar layout.
                      But.... its in French!

I do like the sound of the right clicking. Once you've got the hang of that it would be very useful. Anything else thats one step ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                        Anything else thats one step ahead?
                        I don't use hotmail, but any piece of software that makes proper use of the right-click is a step ahead in my book
                        Now, if you want something that looks so much like software, why don't you use proper software, like Outlook Express, instead?
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think this interface has been waaay too simplified. Even moreso than before.
                          What, were Americans having trouble with that HUGE "COMPOSE" button that they put it under a smaller "New" menu instead?

The other interface worked so much better. The simplification was simply not needed...Not to mention that this makes it look more like XP, which is a bad thing
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I move ISP a lot so I need free emails address's that can come with me. Ive got less than a year left at this ISP, and I dont see the added convenience of outlook express worth the hassle of telling everyone I've moved addy again.

What, were Americans having trouble with that HUGE "COMPOSE" button that they put it under a smaller "New" menu instead?

I was a bit miffed the compose box had gone, but I suppose stacking all the 'new' options where they are gives it a similar layout to the rest of Microsoft software. Standardizing all their software is going to make everything easier to use in the long run.

Comment

here's outlook on the left and owa on the right. this is the right click menu.
                              Attached Files
                              B♭3

Comment

Everytime I access the hotmail webpage, I get a spyware warning. So I just download my spyware from Outlook like everyone else.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X