No announcement yet.

New News -- Cincannitti Police Officers Killed an Attacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy lunged at a police officer. I think the police have a right to self defense in that case.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

He was probably stupid drunk.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"I fought the law and the, law won."

Did they ever find out what the guy died of exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Sez the guy who also argues that the only people who get a fair shake in court are the "rich bastards".
          because they can afford good lawyers... are you saying I'm wrong? Why did OJ get off?

chegitz: yes, there is police brutality... but antagonizing or trying to fight corrupt police only gets you killed.

The smartest thing to do is listen to the police, cooperate, and keep quiet. If a drunken cop is going to beat the crap out of you, there's not much you can do anyways. The system isn't perfect, but the best way to beat it is to work within it.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

because they can afford good lawyers... are you saying I'm wrong?

Yeah, you are wrong. Plenty of poor people get a 'fair shake'. In fact, you believe that if you think people should just go to court.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

In fact, you believe that if you think people should just go to court.

Yeah, one position is inconsistent with the other, isn't it? But, what the hell: we are legion, we contain multitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                because they can afford good lawyers... are you saying I'm wrong?

Yeah, you are wrong. Plenty of poor people get a 'fair shake'. In fact, you believe that if you think people should just go to court.
                yes they should just go to court... why? because their problem cannot be solved by fighting the law. Yes, the criminal justice system in this country is not perfect. Better lawyers get better results... and they cost more... and people with more money can afford better lawyers.

DUH

I didn't say "all poor people don't get a fair shake", but if anyone thinks rich people don't have a better chance of getting a not-guilty verdict... they are stupid...

Imran, you should know better. Look at Illinois' death penalty situation. The people who are getting released from death row almost always end up there in the first place because they had inadequate representation.

I don't see how these two concepts are contradictory. They have little to do with each other.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  If a drunken cop is going to beat the crap out of you, there's not much you can do anyways. The system isn't perfect, but the best way to beat it is to work within it.
                  A ways into his beating, Salazar realized the cop wasn't going to stop, so he struck back. When he was next seen by his freinds, later that day, they did not recognize him, his face was just a purple, pulpy mass. After hitting the cop, the cop decided he was going to execute him, pulled his revolver, and they struggled for the gun. Cop died, Salazar fled to Mexico, where he was kidnapped by bounter hunters and brought back to Illinois. He spent several years on death row before being released. Even if they'd executed him, he'd at least have gotten a few more years of life than simply letting the cop beat him to death.

You have to ask yourself, is this cop going to seriously **** me up or kill me? If the answer is yes, then you fight for your life rather than let your relatives take the legal route. If you die, it doesn't do you a damn bit of good even if they win ten million from the city in a wrongful death suit. Would you trade brain damage or the use of your legs for millions of dollars?
                  Last edited by chequita guevara; December 1, 2003, 16:54.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by CorpusScorpius
                    There is a very fine line between proper/excessive use of force. We will never know the exact circumstances of this incident. I am sure there will be many upset Brothers & Sisters who will blame the Police. If I am not mistaken wasnt there riots in Cincinnati a year or so ago?
                    How hard is it to comply w/ the police? I am sure this 400 pound Brother was the nicest guy in the world who was caught up in these peculiar circumstances.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,104467,00.html
                    There is a full video recording of this incident.

I have to admit, this morning when I saw this on CNN, and then saw that the apprehended person was black, my hasty, emotional reaction was that the white cops were racist and they killed him for being a n*gger.

THEN I saw the video segment of the black guy attacking the officer -- he was definitely violently resisting arrest.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

well che, that's a ****ed up and unique situation... I don't think the vast majority of cops are corrupt like that. But the best thing to do is to cooperate with the police. If there is brutality, then file charges and go through the proper channels. The justice system isn't perfect, but it is the legitimate system in this government we live in.

Sure, it's possible somebody acting in self-defense could kill a cop and get screwed by the judicial system. But it's a lot better than to evade the law and be a fugitive. Unless of course you are some rich drug dealer and you can afford to go to a non-extradition country or something.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

THEN I saw the video segment of the black guy attacking the officer -- he was definitely violently resisting arrest.
                        MrFun...

yeah it sucks he died, but it's just as I suspected... HIS OWN DAMN FAULT!
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

black men are screwed by the justice system.

Their best bet is fighting the police

Comment

The first part of the video, you just see the cops wailing on the guy, then he stands up and swings at an officer.

It's a case of "I don't know" for me.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Um -- Tuber, the full recording shows the 400 pound hulk trying to beat the sh*t out of one of the officers BEFORE the officers resorted to physical force.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

I have to admit, this morning when I saw this on CNN, and then saw that the apprehended person was black, my hasty, emotional reaction was that the white cops were racist and they killed him for being a n*gger.

At least you are honest Mr Fun.

A lot of people, even when faced with the truth, would rather not see the honest answer.

I am a former Federal Police Officer, both USAMP (U S Army Military Police) as well as BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs). The Federal Govt. had to put Caucasian Officers on the Indian Reservation, because of the three families, the previous force wouldnt arrest a member of its family and would side with them against a complainant from another family. While I had many arrests, the majority, including 99% of my Felony arrests were of Native American decent. I had to not only answer to the Chief of Police, but also the Tribal Council (made up of 10 American Native Indians from the reservation),U S Federal Court Prosectors, local States District Attorney and F B I. So I "appear" rascist because of the limited number of caucasian arrests, (I also worked Public Safety so my Traffic Record was more evenly spread.)

This was aboard an Indian Reservation, Federally Funded, Federally run.

Now, lets take a white cop put into a predominantly Hispanic or African American precinct. Or maybe the 'Hood or barrio has a high crime rate. Now, The white cops come under much more scrutiny than others because of the "appearance" that they must have done something wrong, for without any video to prove innocent they HAVE to be guilty!

I love the onboard video camera but that doesnt cover all calls.

I know, many officers, white included are predjudice or rascist but not ALL are. I wasnt. I was a Federal Officer, Sworn to uphold the Law.

Some folks do the job to the best of their abilities. The Indians on the reservation would call to have an officer to be a referee, not unlike what goes on now. BUT when the officer has to protect himself, and their happens to be many their to try to stop him, then he may well be put into a bad situation whereas the crowds single him out as being predjudice.

My son is a deputy sherriff and a member of our local SWAT Team. I have allways given him this advice:

Do your job. But remember this:

It is better to be judged by a group of 12 then to be carried by a group of 6!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
                                Attached Files
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X