Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football

Ok folks, the groups for the Euro-championship in Portugal are known.

Who is going to survive the group games?
    Who is gonna win it?

I would put my money on France and Netherlands.
    In the first round, I see no real surprises except Croatia sending England home ...

**ducks**

I thought this was supposed to be about football? ****ing soccer idiots...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It is. Not handmelon. Football...
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Football! FOOT-BALL!!! The game where you kick the ball around with your foot. Not carry it around and pass it with your hands.

Ignorant ******.

...and stop spamming...

Comment

This is the best England side since 1990 (maybe better than that...). I think we'll get out of the group. In the quarter finals we'll beat Spain or lose to Portugal on penalties ('cause they are at home).

Czech republic to win the group of death, Holland second. Germany go home.

Italy qualify easiest of all the teams.

Sweden's group is wide open.

I'm REALLY looking forward to England vs France.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

On second thought, I have to agree with you on Germany. The havent impressed anyone. They go home...

Comment

it doesn't matter whether the Germans are any good, they will still do well.
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

There is certainly the possibility that Holland could shoot themselves in the foot against Germany.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

The wording of the proposed Flag Burning Ammendment would've made sure "descrations" of the flag such as having a flag t-shirt illegal, notably the t-shirts of thousands of idiots who supported the Flag Burning Ammendment.
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Germany can't expect anything. On the other hand the hype of Czechia is really unwarranted. They have hardly done anything yet.

France and England look obvious and so do Spain and Portugal, although Greece will also be interesting but can't be allowed to win lest the hosts be knocked out early. Croatia was good a few years ago, but now?

Italy to top C, and Sweden have an edge on Denmark and Bulgaria and are favorites at least for the second spot.

Holland might win the entire thing and now when they're actually in I don't see them going home early.

Comment

The wording of the proposed Flag Burning Ammendment would've made sure "descrations" of the flag such as having a flag t-shirt illegal, notably the t-shirts of thousands of idiots who supported the Flag Burning Ammendment.

KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

well yes, German hasn't impressed anyone, but they didn't impress that many before the world cup of 2002 either and they made it to the final.

My guesses for each group:
                        A: Portugal and Spain, both Greece and Russia might be able to compete but as Portugal is the home team and Spain has the best players overall they'll probably go through. Neither of them will make it much further though.
                        B: France and England. Quite a predictable group. France is the ruling champions and is probably favorites for winning the whole thing, England is never as good as its supporters thinks but should surely manage to grap second place before Croatia and Switzerland.
                        C: As MikeH has pointed out; a very tricky group. It's time for a underdog schocker and Bulgaria will join Italy to the second round. Italy are the favorites and will manage with some hideous defensive play and Inzhagi running offside about 500 times. Bulgaria is a complete underdog, it's a relatively young team that just happens to get the country back up to its glory days, somewhat like the Czech republic back in 1996.
                        D: The obligatory group of death. Will be won by the Chech republic (Pavel Nedved is the best midfielder in Europe) with a fight between Germany and Holland for second place. My bet falls on Germany. Latvia might suprise but not likely.

Comment

Croatia have some promising young players. We played them in a friendly recently and won. They are great attacking and poor defensively.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                            well yes, German hasn't impressed anyone, but they didn't impress that many before the world cup of 2002 either and they made it to the final.
                            Right, but then in 2000 (Euros) they went 1-1, 0-1, 0-3 to finish next to last of all teams in the tournament. The run in 2002 can be questioned too, because they didn't face any of the best teams until the final (possible exception for Cameroon). As I remember it they were lucky to even get by USA and S Korea and had no chance vs Brazil.

Comment

Working...
                            X