Do The Holiday Makers Want Us Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do The Holiday Makers Want Us Dead

I mean having Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and to top them off, Valentines day all next to each other is bound to boost the suicide rate in a lot of places.

How do you all deal with the parade of feel good holidays. Lots of booze usually gets me through mid january. How about you?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Nicely put. Depends for me. Obviously when a girlfriend is available getting wasted 'till dawn at some party is the prefered choice. Failing that you can not really avoid family with any other "excuse".

Comment

I love the holidays!
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

The holidays suck. Thanksgiving is ok, but after that they get old and worthless
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

christmas is great. presents, beautiful winter weather, and a break from college. what could be better?
          Drake Tungsten
          Albert Speer

Comment

Depends on if you're single or have a family. The anticipation of the little ones for Hannakuh or Christmas can be a joy to watch. I would hate being single and alone over the holidays, or even worse with someone who I let make me miserable and unhappy. Double plus ungood in that case.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Best movie depicting a single person's struggle with Christmas: Batman Returns.
              Drake Tungsten
              Albert Speer

Comment

don't remind me about Valentine's Day.

Comment

New Year's Day is awful. Everyone's hungover, nobody wants to do anything, everything is shut.

It's also my birthday.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

No, I don't think Hallmark has an interest in driving humanity to its end.
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                      New Year's Day is awful. Everyone's hungover, nobody wants to do anything, everything is shut.

It's also my birthday.
                      It's my mother's birthday too and she loves it.
                      She simply celebrates her birthday at 00:00 AM
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                      X