Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me asexual and metrosexual?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course there are exceptions that don't speak or act the stereotypical gay way but you have to reckon that we are quite a lot of people, heteros as well as gays, who can tell if somebody's gay or not.

From my experience, having spent ALOT of time with gay people (and I'm sure MrFun can back me up on this one, to give some more validity to my statement) The exceptions are the ones that DO fit the stereotype.

Most gay people do not fit the stereotypical gay image
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

MrFun,

"Act" gay??

What do you mean by that??
      There are gays who are feminine and there are gays who are masculine. So I'm not sure what you mean by "act" gay.
      Look, here's the thing. I have a good friend who is gay, and he says he can tell if someone is gay from the way they act, sometimes just by looking at them. He's usually right. He says it has to do with how they carry themselves.

So I'm gonna have to call bull**** on your implication that there is no such thing as "acting gay" - it's not as if it's meant (from me) as an insult, although I can see your point that many people use it as such. If gay people didn't "act gay", then how can my gay friend tell who is gay and who isn't?
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Look, here's the thing. I have a good friend who is gay, and he says he can tell if someone is gay from the way they act, sometimes just by looking at them. He's usually right. He says it has to do with how they carry themselves.

So I'm gonna have to call bull**** on your implication that there is no such thing as "acting gay" - it's not as if it's meant (from me) as an insult, although I can see your point that many people use it as such. If gay people didn't "act gay", then how can my gay friend tell who is gay and who isn't?

Sure, from the way they act, yeah. But the way most gay people act is not "stereotypically gay."

Again, I hope MrFun will correct me If I'm wrong. . . .
        . . . . but I don't think I am.
        -connorkimbro
        "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
          then how can my gay friend tell who is gay and who isn't?
          He uses his 'gaydar'. Even straights can develop gaydar when around enough gay people. I had it once, but probably lost it by now.

But AFAIK that only detects the flambuoyant ones. It doesn't work on the biker on a harley sans lisp ones. Then you'll need subtle visual clues, like him grabbing your crotch and telling you to get on the back of his bike.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            Asexuals are those who claim to have renounced sex -- whether or not they're being honest, is another issue.

Metrosexuals are those who pratice hygene methods to such an extent, that they look like live plastic Kens and Barbies.
            I always understood "aesthete" as those who have renounced worldly pleasure.

As I understand it, "Asexual" means those who have no interest in sex, rather than ignoring their basic drives. So it's a type that's very rare. It's also not a "set in stone" status - some people do have wonky sex drives (prescription drugs like lithium don't help). Trauma, both physical, psychological and ESPECIALLY emotional can also reduce one to a "mule".

It's usually a temporary state, but don't think of it as a "burden" - it can let you get an awful lot more done than being a slave to your hormones.

"Metrosexuals" are heterosexuals that spend so much effort on grooming they are indistinguishable from gay men. It's more of a marketing term - "Who will buy this product? Ah yes, the metrosexual".
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

I hate being a slave to my hormones. Why do 2 globs of fat turn me on so?

Comment

I would have thought a metrosexual is someone who f**ks cities (yeah, I know, I've cracked that one before, but this is for the pleasure of those who never saw it first time )
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  I hate being a slave to my hormones. Why do 2 globs of fat turn me on so?

From what I heard, it used to be a different pair of globs of fat for males, but then we humans became bipedal and a different set neared the eyes of males.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X