Oh my God, everything has gone wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my God, everything has gone wrong!

Today, without warning, without reason, my employers dismissed me from my position. I passed my first month review with flying colours and they have been in high praise of my work and efficiency. But in the past 48 hours everything went awry. I was psychologically abused by the training manager, claiming that I was socially inept and needed therapy and they would not employ me if he was there. I was dismayed and very upset. I resolved this with my manager yesterday, but today, they sacked me for no reason. Tomorrow I am speaking to my agency. I want my satisfaction as this is blatant wrongful dismissal.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

That sucks!

What did you do?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nothing, I was brilliant at my job, they claimed I couldn't get along with people, although I never had a problem. That is why I am going to seek legal advice tomorrow.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have never been through a wrongful dismissal thing. What rewards would you get?
        If the only thing you gain is being put back...Then just back off. Being put back after such a nasty event w
        ill only likely put you on the top of the list of a layoff.
        If you get money or (even better) can collapse their company, then by all means go ahead!
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, PH.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

CT, it is my name clearing I want. They have wronged me, and they have wronged my name and potentially seriously jeopardised my career. This looks like a massive blemish on my record when I can't explain (because I don't know) why I was dismissed from this position, and no reference offered or anything.
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Dismissal for no reason and they have offered to pay me until the end of the year...something seems very fishy. But compared to the damage they could have caused, that money is a pittance.
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

May the spirit of Lenin be with you in your sacred struggle against these capitalist pigs
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Concern for your name in your chosen field is very understandable. It's not like a McJob you can simply leave off your resume, is it?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Dismissal for no reason and they have offered to pay me until the end of the year.

Yeah, you should at least get your money that they promised to pay you.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Dismissal for no reason and they have offered to pay me until the end of the year.

Yeah, you should at least get your money that they promised to pay you.
                      They've given me almost double my notice periods worth. I think they are trying to pay me off. You see, they have no real reason for dismissal, and if they don't prove this within 14 days of dismissal, they are automatically culpable. The person who has to demand this proof is me. In other words, I have them by the knackers because I am under contract. And another point, they never gave me my pay rise of nearly £2000 a year, which after a month of employment they are contractually obliged to do. They are so far in the wrong you wouldn't believe.
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                        Concern for your name in your chosen field is very understandable. It's not like a McJob you can simply leave off your resume, is it?
                        It's a grave matter, and the outcome of the rest of my life, and my honour, depend on it. I am prepared to go all the way to court on this one. Fortunately I reckon I have them at my advantage now.
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Over here, it's illegal to terminate a labor contract without a good reason, or even terminate it immediately.

I'm sure the UK has similar labor laws, and that you can claim a fair compensation/restoration.

Good luck!

Comment

Zop, as I have said, they have to provide me with good reason within 14 days, written and signed. If they fail, they are automatically guilty of wrongful dismissal under British law. They have acted illegally.
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

There is no probationary period in the UK?

It's 90 days here, default, for most jobs. You can be released without cause or compensation. You mentioned 'contract' though. Not sure what effect the terms of a contract would have.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X