Call me crazy but is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me crazy but is this possible?

Okaies, I've been starting to get into photography and image editing/manipulation more and more recently and hopefully will pick up a digital camera soon. What I'm curious about is this:

Is it possible to get a handheld computer (PDA) that can run image editing software so, instead of having to use a mouse and keyboard to edit images on my home computer, I can just download them from the camera onto the PDA and edit them using the stylus freehand style. That would be cooooool.

Well? Am I mad?
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

You're Crazy!

Don't know the answer to your question, sorry.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

As digital cameras go, what quality are the pictures taken by a 2 megapixel resolution one?
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Oh come on people, one of you must know the answer to at least one of my questions.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Just found a site that answers my question. Never mind apolyton!
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

yeah. so there. we told you. **evil grin**
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

no it's not possible and yes you are crazy
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                As digital cameras go, what quality are the pictures taken by a 2 megapixel resolution one?
                Quality is good enough for 3R and 4R prints. There was an older digital camera thread (these things pop up quite frequently now) that you can dig up.

Anyway, you should pay more attention to the quality of the lens instead of the pixel resolution.

As for your original question - no. PDA's don't have the computing power and the screen real estate to do any image editing. Therefore you are crazy.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild

1600x1200 max.

For future reference, just take the square root and think of a resolution where one number is lower and the other higher.

2000000^.5 = 1414

1600 is higher than 1414.
                  1200 is lower than 1414.
                  Therefore, 1600x1200.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X