Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police riots in Miami; Gas; Tazers;Male Cops watch strip search of female Journalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Union protests are peaceful cuz cops know they can't get away with attacking unionists anymore.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      Union protests are peaceful cuz cops know they can't get away with attacking unionists anymore.
      Somehow, I do not feel that this is an honest answer.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        Somehow, I do not feel that this is an honest answer.
        But it's true. In most cases, it is police who initiate violence. They have guns, armor, shields, tear gas, radios, and lots of backup. All protestors have is their soft, fleshy bodies which go squish when trunchoned. Ask any of the people here who've been to a protest who through the first punch. Most of the time, it's the cops.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I am the harbinger of truth.
          I was unaware that the definition of 'harbinger' was "lying dickhead".
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

But it's true. In most cases, it is police who initiate violence. They have guns, armor, shields, tear gas, radios, and lots of backup. All protestors have is their soft, fleshy bodies which go squish when trunchoned. Ask any of the people here who've been to a protest who through the first punch. Most of the time, it's the cops.
            Ok, let me ask again. Did the anarchists have a permit?
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

This reminds of a news wire capsule I read (and saved) from Oct 12, 1990. When I read read it, I knew they were going down soon:

Police note truncheon shortage
              . Rubber clubs used by police in the Siberian city of Chita are the lastes Soviet commodity in short supply, the Communist party youth newspaper reported Thursday. Komsomolskaya Pravda said the shortage developed after local police officers complained their clubs were of low "law-enforcing quality" becasue the oftern broke "at critical moments"
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                I wouldn't know. I'm not a lawyer. I don't get to redefine words.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  Ok, let me ask again. Did the anarchists have a permit?
                  I believe they did, but I could be wrong. We're talking about a police department that stopped 90 buses from making it to the demo area (filed with union retirees), as well as threatened churches with violations of zoning regulations for letting people sleep there during the demo.

Comment

realpolitic can you show us a news article from a real news scource like CNN, or something? This article is way to biased.
                    Donate to the American Red Cross.
                    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I found some reports about this roit:

cnn:

cbs news:

Fox News:

After reading this it gave me much clear picture. I think what happened was there were protesters that were aggressive and the police wanted to controll the situation before it got worse, thus what happened. I dont think that the protesters are all that innocent and did nothing to provoke the police.
                        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

The one thing I notice about the CNN and CBS reports is that they are almost exactly the same. Seems like they just copied and pasted it from somewhere else.

Comment

The fact that both are supplied by AP should be a bit of a giveaway on that one.

As a student journalist I have to question the use of sources in the AP article- the account does not seem to be first hand and I doubt the independence of the sources used.
                            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                              The one thing I notice about the CNN and CBS reports is that they are almost exactly the same. Seems like they just copied and pasted it from somewhere else.
                              So... how about giving us a report form a real news source?
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

So... how about giving us a report form a real news source?
                                Well I already found two. I dont feel like looking for more. Cant you post more?

Comment

Working...
                                X