Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved female in trouble: your medical expertise is needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved female in trouble: your medical expertise is needed.

What can cause pain in abdomen/alvus, also outside of the monthly cycle?

So she's been to her doc and was told there's nothing there, and now, months later, got an ominous letter to appear there in the morning (of today, only opened the latter several hours after the time). Apparently there's a result to discuss, yet no hint about what the result can be. So she'll call the doc tomorrow and ask what it's all about, but so far is totally trembling and shaking. I couldn't calm her down and she insisted on getting some sleep early rather than talking, so she's probably still crying (what a feeling to have the phone connection cancelled without any satisfying change of mood).

I told her there's nothing to be afraid of as long as there's no proper information, but she seems to be paranoid and interprets the fact that the result of some weird, month-taking examination of some liquid is not closer declared as the most obvious of all signs that something's really wrong with her.

What can I tell her now to calm her down? Isn't it probable that it's just the doc's way of handling such things not to mention anything precise at all in such a letter, no matter what the issue is? Is there any rational reason for her to be really frightened and shocked?

she's pregnant
    CSPA

Comment

I don't know if this will calm her down, but my ex-girlfriend has PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, or something), which is basically cysts in her ovaries which can sometimes burst painfully (rarely, however). It makes it insanely difficult to have kids, and causes problems with her insilin (and increases her chances of diabetes) with the burning of carbohydrates.

She never knew she had it until a year ago. Apparently her previous ob-gyn never found it. Like 5% of all women get it, but it isn't very easy to pin down (well, so it seems).

So there may be a reason for her to be frightened, but it may just be nothing.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Gang, please...

Im, thanks...

I'm sure it's nothing!!!

Comment

and I don't think it actually is that painful, it's probably just the usual bellyache, not like a colic or so...

Comment

What's with the rolleyes

YOU said:

Is there any rational reason for her to be really frightened and shocked?

Is it my fault that I answered your question
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It was a rhetorical question, and the answer is no

Comment

My wife had something similiar - turned out to be her gall bladder. Had it removed and she's been fine ever since.

By the way, a letter?? Don't you people have telephones over there? If it were really important/life-threatening/whatever, I'm sure they would have picked up a phone, not posted a letter.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

that's the thing. and why did that report arrive back at the doc months after the assay was sent in?

Comment

Re: Loved female in trouble: your medical expertise is needed.

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                    What can cause pain in abdomen/alvus, also outside of the monthly cycle?
                    Dude, my gf is the queen of pain in these areas. She passed multiple exams and never got results that pointed to something. Everything is always "perfectly fine''.

So if you ever find something, please tell me....PLEASE!!

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                      she's pregnant
                      Andy, man, I told you to go partying instead.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

your advantage: your girl probably doesn't cry on the other side of the phone just beause her doc asked her to walk by

Comment

Andy, what kind of diet does she have?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh, she eats way too little, doesn't drink enough either. The diet isn't special in any way, she lives at home and her parents are not especially exclusive about anything, despite being allergic to certain central European fruit, but she should be fine with vitamins. So it's not the diet that might cause a problem, it's the amount of food, or rather the lack thereof...

Comment

Possibly endometriosis.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X