Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary....even after it happened

Hi guys,

We just received a car this morning....a brutaly smahed car...
    Seeing the car from afar you just think:
    ''Oh well, just another wreck"
    But when you get close, it's scary as hell.
    It still has some hair from the driver caught in the windshield, blood on the dash, seat, and windsheild. The problem is, the air bag did not open and the guy did not have his seat belt on. The right front wheel is now where the glove box used to be....Anway, you all get the picture.

This makes me think how lucky I got sometimes when I was a teen driver, alwasy taking chances and the ''nothing can happen to me'' attitude I had.

I dont know if the driver is dead or alive but I know something for sure. It really makes youu think twice before taking a chance behind the wheel.

I say good luck to the driver if he is still alive...

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I know I'm guilty of not thinking when driving. It's hard to think about safety when driving, beyond the obvious seat belt and sticking to speed limits (which we all do of course ). Today I drove home while I couldn't see out of most of the front window today because it was steamed up, not thinking to stop for 10 minutes to clear it before carring on home (was only 10 minutes journey anyway). I really must think before I start driving, I take it for granted to get me from A to B at the moment
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

So a stranger is dead and you felt like sharing the graphic details.
      You're ok, Spec.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        So a stranger is dead and you felt like sharing the graphic details.
        You're ok, Spec.
        Are you being sarcastic slow?

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

The young don't seem to think they can die..probalby why so many do.
          Last edited by GePap; November 24, 2003, 18:59.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I used to hate seatbelts. Felt confining.
            Now, it feels like I'm sliding all over if I'm not wearing.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Scary....even after it happened

Originally posted by Spec
              This makes me think how lucky I got sometimes when I was a teen driver, alwasy taking chances and the ''nothing can happen to me'' attitude I had.
              Somehow this line makes me feel uncomfortable...
              I hope you and none of your relatives lives close to me
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Dont worry yet...atleast wait til my son is old enough to drive...

That scares me a lot, he is only 3 but....you know...

Spec.

Comment

I find it disturbing just how blaze we manage to become about cars. Last accident that I witnessed left me totally amazed by its loudness and violence. That suddenly made me aware of the size and speed of cars in traffic.
                  "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                  "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                  - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                  X