No announcement yet.

Wurzburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? You don't believe me when I say I have a nice piece of ass?

And thanks, Bas. BTW, what kind of price difference is there between bus and train?
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

When you go to germany one advice: Cut back on your libertarian brabel, or you might get arrested for being a terrorist...
      If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Don't come here. Nothing to see here, compared to other major cities in Europe. It might be even little cold..

Except if you go to maybe Stockholm, then it might be worth it to do a little weekender here, get on a cruice boat, drink yourself silly, watch out your back, and maybe even have nice intimate times with drooling and mumbling drunk finnish girls. They'll hook up with you, just speak english to them. They want to demonstrate that they can also speak english, so .. it'll be easy for you. But watch out for jealous guys, as you're being the ***** magneto. They can be *******s.... most likely not though. Then, have sex with all the women and have a nice day of hangover in Helsinki, check out some I don't know buildings and alcohol stores, don't buy anything, except from duty free.

Then go back to Stockholm, Swedish girls are NICE. Lots of hotties.. oh yes. Try to hook up with them, and go ride the stone lions. What else hmm... what is there to do in Stockholm.. hmm.. I guess lots, check out the old part of the city, which is convinientaly right there when you get out of the boat, and you might need few pointers from the locals what is worth checking out.

But if you're not about to come north, which I suggest, you'll get tips from the other eurobastards.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

well, I'm stationed in Schweinfurt which is about 20 miles or so from Wurzburg. This is what I can say about the place.

The biggest attraction there is the Wurzburg residence, it's a UNESCO site, there's also a castle somewhere around there, but I've never been to it.

There are plenty of clubs and bars in the area, especially since there's a military post on base. I usually go to the Labryinth, which plays mostly rock/metal. Another big club is the Capital, which has different rooms playing different music.

There's a tram system that runs through the city making it easier to get around, but I'm not there enough to learn how to use it. It's a medium and you can get most items there.

Nearest large city is Frankfurt, about 2 hours by train, mostly a financial capital sort of like NYC. Prostitution is also big in Frankfurt, mostly because it's cheaper then elsewhere (30 Euro if I remember correctly).

Best time to travel by train is during the weekend, in which you can get a weekend pass good for that day for 28 Euro in which you can travel anywhere in Germany you want to go. It's only good for the slow trains though, and if your under 26 you get a discount.
          ku eshte shpata eshte feja
          Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

best place to buy beer from in Bavaria is a from a monastary in Kreuzburg, right next to Wildflecken. You'll need to drive there (although it's probably possible to reach it by bus, but I'm not positive on this). You get a huge jug that can refilled, been rated the top beer in the world by Playboy, it's really good.

Local brew usually some form of Hefe Weisen (light beer), or a darker beer which I don't drink so I don't remember the name of. Don't remember if there any local brands particular to Wurzburg though.

Best places I found to go in terms of travel are Amsterdam, Paris and Prague, all of which can be reached by train in roughly 8 hours and 60-80 Euros going north, west and east respectively. Barcelonas nice, but it's a day travel and in my experience the spanish police are a little corrupt.

Munich's also a nice city to go to, has a very old feel to it, looks of great statues, local brews and Octoberfest also happens there. If your not into the crowds, check out local Volksfest, which are miniture versions of the same.

Comment

Light beer in the sense of "light in colour" rather than alcohol or calories. It's called weissbier ("White Beer") cause it's made partially from wheat, making it much lighter in colour than normal beer. I heartily recommend Weihenstephaner, which is the only Hefe Weiss we regularly get across here. (We also get other weissbiers, but they're either non-german (Hoegaarden) or utter piss (Erdigner etc.).)

Rather confusingly there's also "Dunkelweiss" ie. Dark White, which is wheat beer as per above but with the malt roasted to a dark colour.
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Ramo, if your interested in learning the German language, I would read Mark Twains essay on it below.

Med moderne og agile nettsky- og infrastruktur­tjenester leverer vi bekymringsfri IT.

Needless to say, it put me off to the idea of learning the language at more then a superficial level. That and almost every German I've met admits it's a difficult language to learn. Still, It definitly helps you get around to know the basics of the language though.

Comment

Weihenstephan isn't too good.

And you're supposed to post a pic of your face not your arse, if there is any difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X