This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i stop typing in italics?

the second marked my fourth year at apolyton. as far as i know, i've typed in italics for all of my 1500 posts, but i ask of you, is enough enough? i go to other forums and people who don't know me from here mock me as if i was some sort of n00b.

the concept started as a whisper that seemingly went directly to the brain... what can i say? i was reading alot of discworld then. it was also before signatures and avatars, and gave me an easy way to guage where my posts stood in the thread.

now, it's a habit. i even type emails with the ubb tags sometimes.... i think i posted a little in the not too terribly distant past and people complained that it looked odd to see my typing without my usual slant.

so, is it time for a change?
    Yes! Time to grow up.
    45.76%
    No! It just won't be the same!
    35.59%
    I don't care.
    15.25%
    Obligitory Banana
    3.39%
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

I never noticed

Comment

looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        I never noticed
        me2
        :-p

Comment

absolutly not. it's distinctly you.
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

It's the most annoying gimmick here.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

no no no don't! decide for yourself. tell the naysayers to go **** themselves if they don't like it.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
                no no no don't! decide for yourself. tell the naysayers to go **** themselves if they don't like it.
                He wanted our opinion. Personally, it's pretty annoying.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

i say it's time to go, you can still use it, just use it sparingly

Comment

I like it. It's your kind of "signature"...whenever I see it, I know, "This is going to be an sb post and if this is the babe girlfriend thread it will have lots of pics :drool: "
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The question: "Should they stay or should they go?"
                      The answer possibilities: "Yes!" and "No!"

I voted yes btw...
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I don't care so long as the occasional capital letter is employed.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

He wanted our opinion. Personally, it's pretty annoying.
                          i agree, makes his posts much more annoying to read, i usually skip over his posts.
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

so how does he type in something that needs to be emphasized? Does he use normal print?

And does he have to type in the [i] brackets everytime? That alone would cause me not to do it. I'm a lazy typer.

Comment

Italics are used for quoting stuff and emphasising titles. Using them for the main body violates the standard.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X