No announcement yet.

Type Your Phone Number In Google Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Google's service different from, say, you attempting to amass the world's largest library of phone books?
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I don't have a home phone number any more.

I rely on my cell phone only. Typing in my cell phone # revealed nothing.

Comment

I put my phone number in and it comes up with someone on the other side of town (I've been getting phone calls meant for her)
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Doesn't work with Canadian numbers
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed

In sweden you can get all this, their passport photograph, the names and adressed of their siblings and other relatives, their school grades, criminal record, any letters they've sent to any government agency ever, what weapons they own, if they've got a driver's licence, how much they pay in rent, maps of their properties, or any parking violoations they've acquired.

Of course most of these take a few phone calls.
            Here you'd at least need a good reason (ie be personally affected in some way) to get hold of this information:
            - criminal record
            - any letters they've sent to any government agency ever
            - any parking violoations they've acquired

I think openess is a good thing. For instance, I can find out how my tax money is being used.
            The PM's income over the last 3 years: http://skatt.bt.no/index.php?search=...enavn=bondevik
            Mayor of Oslo: http://skatt.bt.no/index.php?search=...itlev-simonsen

Now why did the PM make less money last year (~$120 000) than the mayor (~$210 000)??
            CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
              How is Google's service different from, say, you attempting to amass the world's largest library of phone books?
              some people like to collect phone book cover art

My old phone number doesn't work (I just cancelled my home phone a couple of months ago).

But my mom's number does work and comes up on map quest correctly.

Comment

hotness
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  Doesn't work with Canadian numbers
                  That's cause Canada doesn't know how to create phone numbers properly. (eg. -- American way)

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Space05us you probably live in the most remote place of anyone on Apolyton. I've always wondered why people actually live in northern Alaska. It's freezing cold during most of the year, it's dark 24-7 during some part of the winter, there is nothing out there but flat ground and snow, there are hardly any people there, and there is nothing to do.
                    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Space05us you probably live in the most remote place of anyone on Apolyton. I've always wondered why people actually live in northern Alaska. It's freezing cold during most of the year, it's dark 24-7 during some part of the winter, there is nothing out there but flat ground and snow, there are hardly any people there, and there is nothing to do.
                      you just described Barrow dead on, you get brownie points!

Comment

not sure if you saw the CNN article I posted in the other thread.

I think it said the sun has set until Feb 7 for Barrow, Alaska. I could not handle that.

Comment

Well how come people actually live there?
                          "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Working...
                          X