Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Just LOVE Thanksgiving in The U.S. of A. !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just LOVE Thanksgiving in The U.S. of A. !

Turkey. Dressing. Desserts out the keester.
    I make a motion that we have Thansgiving more than one day a year.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

What is the history behind Thanksgiving? Why do you celebrate it?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

When the Pilgrims and Native Americans (Injuns) got together.

Of course, MrFun will come in here and say it was something else.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I hope everyone enjoys themselves at Thanksgiving, but I still believe that fireworks are a colossal waste of money.

Comment

Yes, I should have guessed from the picture. That's a good picture btw (I have a book where this guy writes a story and takes lots of pictures from dogs playing and acting the story, he's dresses them and all it's really good).

So these Injuns were one tribe? I figure it was a big tribe. How about other tribes? Was this the final agreement of peace and harmony, or is this a day when the first tribe was in agreement with the pilgrims, and they settled down? Was this in the midwest? Wasn't it the pioneers who went to west and had all the action with Natives?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Different Tribes in different parts of the country.
            Like many separate nations on a land mass.

Duke. Buddy. You're thinking of Independence Day. 4th of July.

Comment

they did come together peacefully that first year. it was just afterward that they started slaughtering each other.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

don't let peta see that.
                B♭3

Comment

and reading Pekka's and duke o' yorks posts it becomes apparent how little europeans know about america, her history, and her culture
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The Offical Story™ is that when the Pilgrams left England they didn't have enough food or knowledge to make a living the first winter here in the New World (which was more or less the case with all the early English colonies here). Many died of cold and starvation, but the local tribe took pity on the Pilgrams and gave them food and taught them how to plant.

The following year, the Pilgrams invited the Indians to a feast to share in all the food they had grown thanks to the Indians.

The reality is somewhat different.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm sorry. I get things mixed up sometimes.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                        and reading Pekka's and duke o' yorks posts it becomes apparent how little europeans know about america, her history, and her culture
                        Why should they know about this day?
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

when the Pilgrams left England they didn't have enough food or knowledge to make a living the first winter here in the New World
                          but they lived in the Netherlands for a generation before coming to Mass.

Comment

che, no no I have heard this story before.. Somehow I totally forgot about it. The food and surviving thing and all that. I remember it again, thanks for reminder.

But yes, this is not very important to foreigners, as we don't study American history (unless you want to) day by day and play by play, because we have our own histories and other countries histories to study as well, and we spend a great deal to learn about European history, which is not easy subject and requires lots of attention and studying. It's just an excuse I know, but we need to prioritize. We do learn the basics though. I just forgot.
                            In da butt.

Comment

you'd think that the pilgrim's clothing would be damn uncomfortable.

i feel sorry for the cat.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X