No announcement yet.

Any US (citizen) visa experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked out the register center(?) .. it says what kind of registers they hold.. man there are like 10 different kind of.. one is criminal record, that I don't have. Then there is this new one, 'criminal backround' record.. oh yeah, I wonder what the difference is. Mofos.

UR, home free or not.. I'd bee still lying it asks if I've been EVER convicted.. even if I was pardoned. It asks if I was ever arrested in my life, no matter guilty or not. And it seems like my country holds trillion different registers, the same thing but with different names. I'm telling you, even if you have speeding ticket it'll show. I jsut don't know what register they ask from consular office..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

and I can't afford a lawyer no way I can. What could the lawyer do for me anyway? And then again, what I really need is some influental and powerful person there who says 'this pershon shall have visas to suit his needs' .

Damn it this gives me a real bad headache once agian. Why is this so damn difficult obstalce I don't know. I need to go to sleep, it's depressing. I'll come back tomorrow with my boths hands in the air and fighting again. Now rest time.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

He can advise you Pekka. He'll even know before hand the result most likely.
        Hmm, even if you can't afford you can still get one I think. Just go to the Lawyers union of Helsinki and ask. I'm sure someone will be willing to help you.
        I think you need a lawyer who will most likely say that there's absolutely no problem and then you can go and apply for the visa

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          UR, home free or not.. I'd bee still lying it asks if I've been EVER convicted..
          That's not the same as having a criminal record though, you could be convicted for speeding or something silly like that.

The important thing is they don't want criminals, and that's what you need to show.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            MtG, The problem is, if you did it when you were 14 it don't matter.. there is a register for it that never goes away. Criminal record is different, that's hen you have to do actual crimes that are counted as serious or more serious thna little things. That I don't have. But it is marked in other registers. What else can I think? For example I applied for a job few years ago when I didn't have a place to study, everything went smoothly, and they asked me if they could check my backround, and I said sure go ahead. Well there was no options there, now was there. And then suddenly 'we're sorry, but the place is already taken'. So that was that. We don't apply forgiveness here, even when we're liberal heaven.
            The US background check is not likely to be sophisticated enough (let's face it, you're not one of them to wade through the intricacies of Finnish recordkeeping beyond the fact that you have no criminal record.

I'm being honest with you, take my word or not, but I have no plans of sneaking in. If I sneak in, I woulnd't get a good job anyway. I plan to study there, then get my ass back and finish my degree and then hope I made good connections while there, and apply for jobs BEFORE coming there. I'd have my stuff financially ready in theory, and I'm not as of yet accepted to school there, but before I'll apply visas I would be. It's no problem.
            If it was up to me, I'd say come on over. It's the consular weenies you have to satisfy, but for a first-worlder applying for an F1 visa, they're a lot less anal.

But after all that (getting place at school, putting my financial plans working, the whole 9 yards) denied visa would be horrible outcome.
            Even if you get denied, it's appealable - it's not like you're on an existing deportation order or a political or criminal watch list. I wouldn't over worry about it - and it may be enough years ago that it won't matter - it's not like it's a conviction for sale.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

while we're on the subject.

My Brother has lived and worked in US now for 4 years. He has applied for a green card and been apporved but once the dept for homeland security have finished their checks he has been told he will have to come back to the UK for 3 weeks to go to a UK passport office to get his p/port stamped does anyone know if this is correct.

BTW they have taken so long to process his claim his original visa has run out and he can no longer come home at Chritmas to see me and his baby nephew.
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Stinger I have no idea.

I just joined to YAD (youth against drugs) and became a member. I guess I'll be going to some rock festivals do some free voluntary working and speak about the dangers and keep the youth stay in school or something like that. Or I'll start raining punches on them. I'm an excellent educator in that sense. 'Why pay someone to get your life messed up, when I do it free for you'.
                Just kidding..

I hope this gives me better chances if it ever becomes an issue. But it don't matter that much, it's not much work and I'll do it for fun anyway. Also I have never really contributed to anything meaningful, so I guess I can feel good about it too.
                In da butt.

Comment

What is mofos?
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It's people who make love to their mothers.
                    In da butt.

Comment

get a freind who has no wish to ever come to the US to ask arround for you

Jon :Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Miller, I already did that . They said it's individual case and they should get their butts to the interview and then they'll make up their minds. So, aftermath is none of them wanted to go, because they weren't applying for visas. They give any indication if it would be doable or not. The point is, they have to give you that interview anyway, and depending on the nature of what you did is important, and when it says drug thing, it's not exactly a good thing!!!!!!!!
                        In da butt.

Comment

Just do your best, there's nothing else you can do about this.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                          X