Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had a teacher who was a complete lunatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no but Stefan Härtel has

Comment

...not for the easily offended... apologies to those who read it anyway, and face it, you have to read it now

At one point in high school, we had a teacher who introduced a Danish poem to the class and it wasn't exactly the most gifted class that has seen the light of day. Among other things, the poem described spit coming out of trumpets.

He really tried all he could to acheive some basic level of understanding the symbolism, but he ultimately failed. When the bell rang, the frustrated teacher gave up and said resigned but in a loud voice: Oh, hell, the whole thing is a metaphor and those trumpets are really some pretty huge dicks ejaculating all over the place!

It's amazing what poetry can become when you break it down a little bit. And the looks on the faces of young and sexually insecure high school students were priceless as well. Best Danish teacher I ever had

Comment

so you wereone of those undergifted ones, yes?

Comment

or should I make that are? that teacher doesn't seem insane anyway. and I never ever had a lunatic teacher. silly, blind, deaf, methodically incompetent, yes, all of that, but not lunatic.

Comment

And I thought my primary school teacher coming to school drunk was a threat
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
              Yea he did, and he got suspended.

The teacher or the student?^-^
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

My principal is named Mrs. Stern.
                She is a wacko. She nearly suspended me for asking her why I got detention (for not doing my homework in English, she heard about it form my Science Teacher and gave me detention).
                Vote Democrat
                Support Democracy

Comment

I don't think I ever had a wacko as a teacher. But my middle school gym teacher did wear mirrored sun glasses while handing out post-shower towels to us boys.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                    One teacher used to throw his shoe at students who wouldn't stop talking, throw his chalk also.
                    One of mine used to throw physics textbooks at pupils, you know how thick those damn things are. He also beated up the troublemakers in the class.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                      Weakling, us real teachers just cut out the middle man and throw the students
                      You, David?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

In my first quarter in college I had a real wack-job. The class was Western Civilization and it began with a study of the ancient Middle East. The guy was an actual worshipper of the ancient god El-Elyon. We all got a pretty weird instruction on ancient gods in that region and spent way to much time on the subject. That guy was really strange. It was an interesting introduction to the college intelligensia as well.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I had one once.. our math teacher. He was very intelligent guy, extremely good at math, but he was not right in the head. He had anger managment problems, I mean serious ones. Students were afraid of him when he got mad, I mean seriously afraid. He had few warnings already that he must take care of it or he's out.

Once in a bus, on the way home, the bus driver drove pass his stop, and he pulled a carpet knife and started shouting to the driver. Needless to say he stopped the bus, and backed all the way back to the stop fast.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I had a swedish-teacher when I was in the Gymnasium (grade 10-12) that was quite unstable.

At one time she was walking around in the classroom, talking about some author or so. One guy, that was something of the class-joker, gave the teacher his text book as she walked by. The teacher just tolk it and keept talking. The guy then started to take books from others in the class that sat close to him and gave to the teacher. She just continued talking. He keept doing this until she carried about 8-10 books around. As the hour came to an end she stopped talking and everyone started to pick up their things, ready to leave for another class. At this time the teacher noticed the books and asked: "What kind of books are these? Whose are they?!" The people that had given their books to the joker raised their hands. "You need these, why do I have them?" the teacher said and gave back the books.

Comment

Working...
                            X