New Discovery Amazes Moral Philosophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Discovery Amazes Moral Philosophers

I think we've found "compassionate conservatism" in the voices of many Republicans and conservatives. This compassionate conservatism can be found on many talk shows where conservatives are explaining that Rush Limbaugh is not like those other drug addicts and deserves our love, not scorn and a jail cell. Rush is a poor soul who acquired his addiction from the medical profession's attempt to heal or reduce his pain and this exonerates him of the charge of buying and using illegal drugs. He's actually a victim even though Rush denies being a victim...

Oh, you've detected a double standard? So do I.

You see, all those other drug addicts acquired their addictions while seeking fun, entertainment, or "escaping" from reality. Assuming this distinction is valid (why we should is another matter), what reality could they possibly want escape from? Oh, emotional or physical pain? You know, kind of like what Rush was doing or all those people with emotional pain who seek help from Prozac, etc... Why is it the only time these compassionate conservatives show this compassion is when one of their sacred cows is exposed as a drug addict (or gambling addict, or...fill in the blank)? Why not all the little people who get addicted trying to deal with physical or emotional pain?

Smae goes for :
    Old(er) rich man = excentric
    Same person without the money = pervert
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Any likelihood he could get the chair for this?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Let's all Rush out for some Guppie Poop.
        The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
        Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

Oh, Limbaugh mentioned during his triumphant return to reality today on his radio show that he didn't keep using the drugs because of pain. While he was merely introduced to the painkillers following surgery on his back, he kept using them because he liked the feeling, they were fun, they were entertaining... Ahem... [cough, cough]...

Comment

Perhaps Ann Coulter will confess to being a crack 'ho'.

It might explain some of her more florid scribblings.
            Any chance Pat Robertson does speedballs, or grows, ah, 'tomato' plants?
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

President Bush choked on a pretzel because he had serious munchies at the time.

Comment

the words "new discovery" and "philosophers" do not belong in the same sentence. The only thing a philosopher discovers is his belly-button lint or toe jam.

Comment

That remind me. I need to check my navel.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                  X