Antivirus software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antivirus software?

what is the best free antivirus software?
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Imo, Norton. But of course I dont know all of them.

Just got SystemWorks 2004.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I use AntiVir. It's completely free, and very small (4 MB or so). The downside is that you need to start the Internet Updater manually, but you'll get used to doing it.

Comment

Spec: that's what i use too. Well, I use norton internet security. But one of my friends, whom happens to be female and not very good with computers, seems to have contracted a virus that is affecting the most important program on her computer, aim

thanks zopp!
        "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Norton absolutely
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Norton isn't free.

AVG.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

grisoft avg.
              B♭3

Comment

Norton is fast and dumb.

Panda is fast and not so dumb (lets you choose to scan only drive A:, for example) (www.pandasoftware.com)

McAfee is not so fast, but its the most reliable. More than once, it was the only antivirus that really found what was going on ( Norton was unable to find anything, and Panda found something wrong, but was unable to identify the culprit.)

McAfee is not so good with removal tools. When I need removal tools, I go to Norton.

If I have time, I use McAfee
                If I need a quick scan, I use Panda
                If I need a removal tool, I use Norton.

Comment

he's lookign for something free.

norton and mcafee, good programs as they are, are not free.
                  B♭3

Comment

I didn't say I paid for Systemworks 2004

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Panda is free:
                        The best antivirus protection for all your devices: Don't be a target! Join the next generation of digital protection

Norton is free:

McAfee is free:
                        Try one of our new McAfee+ plans and get online protection today!

(Check the McAfee free scan at the bottom)

Comment

all three require internet connectivity, something which may not be availible if the virus eats your software...
                          B♭3

Comment

"all three require internet connectivity..."
                            Thats a good point. Use a second computer to connect.

I remember once I had a problem like that. I had to grab a second computer, googled for the symptoms, identified the virus, went to Norton and downloaded the cleaning tool to a floppy, and used it to clean the system.

Comment

Working...
                            X